Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
He did own a team that won 5 cups.

Those banners are still hanging there. No buy low on Gretzky, no championships. No sell high, no hatred.

Truly stayed around long enough to be a villain.
Pocklington deserves credit for the Oilers success. But he was a villain well before he stripped the team. It's just that not as many people knew about it.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
No, he turned down more money because he wants to win.

Your missing the point. You say Holland had nothing to do with Henrique's return. I proved he wanted him back.
Sure Henrique wanted to win instead of play for a few thousands more in Winnipeg (also known as the lowest rated city to play in).

Reactions: McTonyBrar

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Pocklington deserves credit for the Oilers success. But he was a villain well before he stripped the team. It's just that not as many people knew about it.
Somewhat agree.

Gainers was...interesting. At the time, he had supporters though. Until he sold Gretzky claiming he needed the cash because of said Gainers.

IMO, if he hadn't sold Gretzky many things would've been glossed over.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Aside from the Oilers it was not just Gainers he ruined.
But most people don't know of those things.

That's my point. No destruction of Oilers, no real villain. He would've been hated by some for Gainers, etc., but not villain status.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Your missing the point. You say Holland had nothing to do with Henrique's return. I proved he wanted him back.
Sure Henrique wanted to win instead of play for a few thousands more in Winnipeg (also known as the lowest rated city to play in).
Holland could've wanted Crosby too, but that doesn't mean it was going to happen lol. That's why i posted a link saying Henrique wasn't going to be back (due to us not being able to afford him), followed by one where he talked about deciding on July 1st that he would (because winning is more important). Ultimately, JJ was able to hammer out a deal that allowed him to stay.

Lol, talk about missing the point!

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
1721771525853.png

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Holland could've wanted Crosby too, but that doesn't mean it was going to happen lol. That's why i posted a link saying Henrique wasn't going to be back (due to us not being able to afford him), followed by one where he talked about deciding on July 1st that he would (because winning is more important). Ultimately, JJ was able to hammer out a deal that allowed him to stay.

Lol, talk about missing the point!
Do you actually believe Henrique would have come back if he was offered $5 million x 5 years somewhere else?
Without looking I think Winnipegs offer was 500 grand more. For a guy who has made over 40 million that was chump change.
Sure JJ finalized the contract already offered by Holland, it is called negotiations.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Do you actually believe Henrique would have come back if he was offered $5 million x 5 years somewhere else?
Without looking I think Winnipegs offer was 500 grand more. For a guy who has made over 40 million that was chump change.
Sure JJ finalized the contract already offered by Holland, it is called negotiations.
Yes actually. He was offered more money AND term. Look it up, as it's all out there. Sure af Holland didn't have a contract offered to Henrique before FA, and it's idiotic to think he did. Rico was one of the last signings that day. How was Holland supposed to know what our cap space situation was going to be? Think about it...and then think again.

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Yes actually. He was offered more money AND term. Look it up, as it's all out there. Sure af Holland didn't have a contract offered to Henrique before FA, and it's idiotic to think he did. Rico was one of the last signings that day. How was Holland supposed to know what our cap space situation was going to be? Think about it...and then think again.

Did you even listen to this?
He, Brown and Janmark discussed coming back the day before free agency. He repeatedly said "decided to come back", I assume to the contract he was offered. He mentions/questions if he went to another team for a LITTLE bit more money would he be happy.
No time in this interview does he mention JJ came to him with a contract like you believe.
Conclusion: you proved nothing and I cannot prove there was a contract offered by Holland except Friedmans 32 thoughts stating he will be offered a contract.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Did you even listen to this?
He, Brown and Janmark discussed coming back the day before free agency. He repeatedly said "decided to come back", I assume to the contract he was offered. He mentions/questions if he went to another team for a LITTLE bit more money would he be happy.
No time in this interview does he mention JJ came to him with a contract like you believe.
Conclusion: you proved nothing and I cannot prove there was a contract offered by Holland except Friedmans 32 thoughts stating he will be offered a contract.
I missed the part where Holland (who was no longer with the Oilers) was involved in the coversation with Rico, Janmark, and Brown about the possibility of coming back a day before FA 🤣 Good lord, I advised you to think! Of course JJ went to his agent with an offer...that's how it works. Holland was well out of the picture by that point.
Once again, how would Holland know what cap space would be available to offer Rico as a contract months before FA? Are you serious lol? Just stop man.
You're confusing wanting someone to come back (no shit, as the 3rd line was fire) with offering an actual contract. Holland did no such thing.

Last edited:

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
I missed the part where Holland (who was no longer with the Oilers) was involved in the coversation with Rico, Janmark, and Brown about the possibility of coming back a day before FA 🤣 Good lord, I advised you to think! Of course JJ went to his agent with an offer...that's how it works. Holland was well out of the picture by that point.
Once again, how would Holland know what cap space would be available to offer Rico as a contract months before FA? Are you serious lol? Just stop man.
You're confusing wanting someone to come back (no shit, as the 3rd line was fire) with offering an actual contract. Holland did no such thing.
Oh my gawd. I am discussing with a teenager. Forgot school was out

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Oh my gawd. I am discussing with a teenager. Forgot school was out
Whatever you say Yuke. You've gone from "Holland had a contract in place" to "Rico, Janmark and Brown talked to each other about the possibility of coming back a day before FA". 👍 They must have all been talking about the contract extensions Holland offered them during the playoffs or even when they were initially signed or traded for!

Last edited:

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
But most people don't know of those things.

That's my point. No destruction of Oilers, no real villain. He would've been hated by some for Gainers, etc., but not villain status.
He was a business man first. Made some bad decisions in tough times. It happens. Spending some of the money from the Gretzky trade on a lakefront Kelowna house wasn't the best look though. 🤣

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
Whatever you say Yuke. You've gone from "Holland had a contract in place" to "Rico, Janmark and Brown talked to each other about the possibility of coming back a day before FA". 👍
Grade 10 reading.
I said Hplland had the original offer out. JJ completed the negotiations.
I also said, neither one of us can prove our points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad