Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
A little bit. He basically said go read what David Staples posted before people start yelling at him.

Oh...so it's going to be Stan Bowman, I guess.

This place (and everywhere hockey is discussed) is going to get ugly in a day or two.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I'd personally be infuriated if we hire that piece of shit in Bowman.
Give me somebody like Mathieu Darche or Mark Janko.

Doesn’t seem to be much smoke around either of those two. Way too much smoke around Bowman now. I don’t really get it. Even if there weren’t the obvious PR reasons, I doubt he’d be a good fit. He was only good for a few seasons with Chicago, and even then, not mind blowing awesome or anything

Reactions: FlameChampion

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It is so weird that this organization might do what every other person knows is the wrong thing to do. He wasn't good anyways, without the scandal.

It's so perplexing.

I'm remaining silent until the actual GM is announced.
Just stay away from Bowman. It would be utterly disgraceful to hire that guy along with the wildfire of negative PR of an aftermath. Organization does not need that after the brilliant moves from JJ thus far in the off season.

Doesn’t seem to be much smoke around either of those two. Way too much smoke around Bowman now. I don’t really get it. Even if there weren’t the obvious PR reasons, I doubt he’d be a good fit. He was only good for a few seasons with Chicago, and even then, not mind blowing awesome or anything
Just say no to Bowman, nuff said brother.
I'd rather have a conjoined Tambellini/Chiarelli as GM than that asshole. Bowman and Quenneville can both f*** off.

Reactions: Shizuka

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I'm remaining silent until the actual GM is announced.
Just stay away from Bowman. It would be utterly disgraceful to hire that guy along with the wildfire of negative PR of an aftermath. Organization does not need that after the brilliant moves from JJ thus far in the off season.

Just say no to Bowman, nuff said brother.
I'd rather have a conjoined Tambellini/Chiarelli as GM than that asshole. Bowman and Quenneville can both f*** off.
If Stan was hired, my only thinking it is Katz who is behind it. It would be the dumbest PR blunder there is. Just thinking about doing that is insane.

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
Based off what?
B/c I don't think Jackson is that dumb to just create that much negative PR. What is the point? He skewered CHI cap.

Then again, you assume Katz isn't this dumb either. It just smells of EDM thinking they are smarter than other teams IMO. I'm an EDM fan too.

I cannot even think of a logical point to hire him if this scandal stuff never even happened.

I mean Katz is giving ballerinas, his daughters age, 30k spending money.
I read into some of that. Don't know what it's about. We have some bad owners like Vancouvers

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
B/c I don't think Jackson is that dumb to just create that much negative PR. What is the point? He skewered CHI cap.

Then again, you assume Katz isn't this dumb either. It just smells of EDM thinking they are smarter than other teams IMO. I'm an EDM fan too.

I cannot even think of a logical point to hire him if this scandal stuff never even happened.
If Bowman is hired (which I don’t think he will be) then it will be because JJ thinks he’s the guy imo. If Katz just wanted him he probably would have been hired already.

You are right though that hire would be very hard to defend. Which is why I don’t really see it happening. (Or maybe I’m just convincing myself)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The new GM is going to be JJ puppet so I don't see Bowman as a fit. JJ will not tolerate Chia type of moves or even Holland giving out ridiculous contracts. I think this is the longest we took to hire a GM in forever. I trust JJ to get it right and if Bowman is hired it will be as an advisor away from the team only because JJ values his knowledge

Reactions: smokersarejokers

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
The whole thing is a joke I almost forgot the news coming out in the middle of FAF.

My money is still on Stan Darche or the LA guy from the 2010s

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Hey Henrique. I know we just traded for you, but how about a 3x2 in the off season? C'mon man...Anything is a possibility, but the timing of the reported signings indicates otherwise. I have no idea why Louis got his panties in a bunch when i praised JJ for doing a good job. There was at least one report of Holland not being happy when he left, and it's fair to surmise that the hiring of JJ above him being the main cause. Holland may have advised JJ, but he certainly wasn't calling the shots.
One thing is for sure. Holland was sure AF not advising during the draft OR FA.
I agree with everything you said other than future opportunities not being discussed. A player waiving his NTC? Discussing a one year deal with a player and if it goes well a possible extension? In business you look at all the options.

I am sure when the Oilers did the thing with McLeod, there was some talk of making him whole in the future. I would guess it happens more often than you think, especially on short/bridge deals.

And the Holland/JJ thing? I think JJ had more of the reigns than Holland last year, so in that, I think you are spot on.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Like must have said IF Jackson end up hiring bowman, it will easily erase every move he has made this offseason.

Not to mention the mains will have a fking field day attacking oilers , like they don't do it and as of they need any more reason. But hiring bowman will be feeding the wolfs on a silver platter...

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
I agree with everything you said other than future opportunities not being discussed. A player waiving his NTC? Discussing a one year deal with a player and if it goes well a possible extension? In business you look at all the options.

I am sure when the Oilers did the thing with McLeod, there was some talk of making him whole in the future. I would guess it happens more often than you think, especially on short/bridge deals.

And the Holland/JJ thing? I think JJ had more of the reigns than Holland last year, so in that, I think you are spot on.
Bridge deals for sure, as that's part of their very nature. Not part of this past FA though.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Bridge deals for sure, as that's part of their very nature. Not part of this past FA though.
We can disagree. Any player on 1 year deals will at least look at further options. There is zero chance that discussions are as simple as:

Want a 1 year $1.35M? Ok, thanks. We will send it to you.

The thought that future opportunities, extensions, playing time, etc etc are part of some of the contract dealings is almost a certainty for me.

Reactions: McBooya42
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad