Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Are they building the Flames new arena on pontoons for when it floods again?
1721682579091.png

Is it just me or does it look like they parked a bus in front?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
For those that mentioned it- I’d have time for Yamo on a league minimum contract. He wont be stapled to Drai’s wing and he’s tenacious enough to play in the playoffs. I think if you took the pressure off of him on having to score playing with Draisaitl, he could be an effective player. Yamo, on this team, would block a shot with his face if he had to.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
If you are steadfast that discussing a possible extension in the initial signing is asinine, I certainly wouldn't go that far, and also would suggest that it would be a distinct possibility.
Hey Henrique. I know we just traded for you, but how about a 3x2 in the off season? C'mon man...Anything is a possibility, but the timing of the reported signings indicates otherwise. I have no idea why Louis got his panties in a bunch when i praised JJ for doing a good job. There was at least one report of Holland not being happy when he left, and it's fair to surmise that the hiring of JJ above him being the main cause. Holland may have advised JJ, but he certainly wasn't calling the shots.
One thing is for sure. Holland was sure AF not advising during the draft OR FA.

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Id only want Yamamoto if he was in the AHL cause he would give our prospects someone skilled enough to play with down there.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Id only want Yamamoto if he was in the AHL cause he would give our prospects someone skilled enough to play with down there.
Griffith, Pederson and Caggiula are already there for that job; plus guys like Lavoie, Hamblin and Jarventie aren’t exactly AHL rookies at this point. They’ve got more than enough skill to succeed in Bakersfield this year imo.

Reactions: Duke74 and K1984

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
They are looking for nicknames for the new building that are fire related. I recommended “Dumpster Fire”

I have to admit at the time i thought it was a clear win for Calgary. Weeger being the piece i was sure was over the top (love to have him in oilers uni still)
Goes to show sometimes fit wins overall

Reactions: Oilers88

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I thought Frank Seravallis comments on Bob's show tonight we're pretty interesting.

- He basically said that Jackson has had a full year to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses on the organization.
- One of the weaknesses under Holland was drafting and development which was evident in the Wright firing and hiring of Pracey and Larsson.
- Thinks it's refreshing that Jackson made the team better both in the short term and in the long term with the moves he made.
- Believes that Gretzky is well liked around the league but doesn't think he is in the running for GM.
- Thinks the way the AHL team will be run differently under Jackson with more opportunity for younger players to develop.
- Believes Jason Botterill is on our radar and might be promoted in Seattle to GM at some point.
- Doesn't think Mark Hunter would want to leave London. All they do is win and have a license to print money.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I have to admit at the time i thought it was a clear win for Calgary. Weeger being the piece i was sure was over the top (love to have him in oilers uni still)
Goes to show sometimes fit wins overall

I thought the Flames “won” that trade as well on the basis that I thought that a lot of Tkachuk’s production was fueled by PDO and Gaudreau and that the other two coming back had a more consistent track record.

However, I was steadfast in the opinion that it was insane to suggest that the Flames were better than the year before. Besides the fact that it was illogical, it felt a lot like media cheerleading. Made zero sense when looked at beyond reflex impressions.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I thought Frank Seravallis comments on Bob's show tonight we're pretty interesting.

- He basically said that Jackson has had a full year to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses on the organization.
- One of the weaknesses under Holland was drafting and development which was evident in the Wright firing and hiring of Pracey and Larsson.
- Thinks it's refreshing that Jackson made the team better both in the short term and in the long term with the moves he made.
- Believes that Gretzky is well liked around the league but doesn't think he is in the running for GM.
- Thinks the way the AHL team will be run differently under Jackson with more opportunity for younger players to develop.
- Believes Jason Botterill is on our radar and might be promoted in Seattle to GM at some point.
- Doesn't think Mark Hunter would want to leave London. All they do is win and have a license to print money.

Thanks for this!

Dare I ask, did Bowman come up at all? Sounds like he figures Botterill and Hunter won't be the new Oilers GM

Reactions: McDoused
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad