Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
As a fellow Greatest Generation individual, it's time we just let the boomers have their day.
iu

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
So my Flames fan friend (we all have one of them right? RIGHT!?) texts me claiming he has a source close to the Flames (so he doesn’t and if he does that source is not legitimate) that suggests the Flames are seriously contemplating offer-sheeting BOTH Holloway and Broberg.

🙄
How do they do that with the same draft picks needed to compensate?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So my Flames fan friend (we all have one of them right? RIGHT!?) texts me claiming he has a source close to the Flames (so he doesn’t and if he does that source is not legitimate) that suggests the Flames are seriously contemplating offer-sheeting BOTH Holloway and Broberg.

🙄
They can throw all kinds of offer sheets at them, they aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on if they’re not signed by the targeted player.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I'm quite sure I'm not in your age cohort, but either way the comment was aimed at Matheson. Like I said if sensitive boomers take offense, that's on them.
Lol…way to take a stand

They can throw all kinds of offer sheets at them, they aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on if they’re not signed by the targeted player.
Not only that if they are ridiculous contracts we run away with the picks and the Flames continue to submarine their franchise.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

🙄

Tell him we are hoping they do so we can let them waste more cap space and picks to stay mediocre for 20+ more years.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
LOL, depending on where. I just got back from the draft in Las Vegas.

Bought a Pepsi in the CIRCA for $6.99 US. (11 CDN)

Crossed the border back to Canada. Stopped at Tim's. Bought a Sausage sandwich, Bagel, Muffin, Large Double Double, Small Double Double. $10.85 CDN.
Hmm. ;)

Sausage sandwich: $2.99 or $4.99. I gather you bought the cheapest, most ultra-processed thing there?

Bagel: $2.19 for the plain, $2.99 for good, $3.49 for the cream cheese. I gather dry plain for you?

Muffin: $2.19 for the cheap ones, $2.49 for the expensive. Did you splurge here? Looks like nope.

Large Double Double: $2.07
Small Double Double: $1.86

Total: $11.30
You got a bit of a deal at that location.

As someone who detests Tim Hortons I wonder how you can consume such crap and not feel unhealthy. You bought all the cheapest frozen junk and couldn't even afford cream cheese. :(

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Seravalli says on Oilers Now that he is not sure Evander Kane will be healthy for the start of the year. He also said that he's 100% certain that there is a market out there for Cody Ceci
Of course there is. He was a 20min/game right-shot dman on a Cup Finals team.

As much as we crapped on him on these boards, dmen capable of what he did this year are few and far between in this league. We spent years trying to get any RHD that can play those sort of minutes.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Of course there is. He was a 20min/game right-shot dman on a Cup Finals team.

As much as we crapped on him on these boards, dmen capable of what he did this year are few and far between in this league. We spent years trying to get any RHD that can play those sort of minutes.

Ceci isn’t perfect, but he was miles better when he wasn’t with Nurse. Like almost not comparable.

Nurse is frankly a nightmare partner for anyone that isn’t already a very good Top 4 D man, and even then he’s a nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad