Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Not particularly familiar with the Podcast, but it's followed by Stauffer so I'm assuming this is legit.
If we were going to LTIR him with the purpose of capspace, we might release a story like that to show that he's an important part of the team and that we want him to play. We aren't sweeping him under the rug

The plan was always for him to get the surgery in September to extend the cap window. Of course he can do stuff now. He hasn't had surgery. And if we were planning on a September surgery, we'd want a story like Gregor's a few days ago that we are currently deciding if he needs surgery or not. That's a red flag because it's too specific to be made up, and also strange to divulge. So we think he will recover from a hernia with some bed rest?

Reactions: smokersarejokers

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
If we were going to LTIR him with the purpose of capspace, we might release a story like that to show that he's an important part of the team and that we want him to play. We aren't sweeping him under the rug

The plan was always for him to get the surgery in September to extend the cap window. Of course he can do stuff now. He hasn't had surgery. And if we were planning on a September surgery, we'd want a story like Gregor's a few days ago that we are currently deciding if he needs surgery or not. That's a red flag because it's too specific to be made up, and also strange to divulge. So we think he will recover from a hernia with some bed rest?
Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. Like, sure he can golf and "live his life" or whatever, but he needs surgery regardless, right?

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Take this as nothing more than second-hand news and have no way of proving this but I thought it was interesting ..

So my brother goes to the dog park and always runs into Conner McDavid and Lenny ...And their two dogs always play together . My brother had said tongue and cheek to McDavid that he couldn't leave Edmonton cause Lemmy and Gooch would be heartbroken.
Conners replied (Gooch has nothing to worry about) ..
Gooch is my brother's dog, so take this post with a grain of salt and nothing more than second-hand news

Last edited:

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Take this as nothing more than second-hand news and have no way of proving this but I thought it was interesting ..

So my brother goes to the dog park and always runs into Conner McDavid and Lemmy ...And their two dogs always play together . My brother had said tongue and cheek to McDavid that he couldn't leave Edmonton cause Lemmy and Gooch would be heartbroken.
Gooch is my brother's dog, so take this post with a grain of salt and nothing more than second-hand news
Good work Lenny!

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
As long as he’s completely healthy.

That's always been my concern. Last year Evander Kane played through injury and refused to go on LTIR. He's likely going to do the same thing next year instead of getting the surgery he needs.

Unfortunately this is why 2 other fan bases had problems with him.

Don't get me wrong, a healthy Kane is a unicorn on this team and something that we need. It's just frustrating that he refuses to get the help he needs and hurt the organization by refusing to go on LTIR.

I also don't see him accepting a trade so we're pretty much stuck with playing him to start the season unless JJ can use his mind tricks. We're a team with high expectations and the best of the best. We want Kane at his best and he'd rather play being "fine" then at his best. McDavid and Draisaitl play through injuries as well so that's kind of the standard we've set.

You can't just force someone on LTIR.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

So my brother goes to the dog park and always runs into Conner McDavid and Lenny ...And their two dogs always play together . My brother had said tongue and cheek to McDavid that he couldn't leave Edmonton cause Lemmy and Gooch would be heartbroken.

Hell yeah!

I also love how your brothers dogs name is gooch

KCC

Aug 15, 2007

It’s not Mcdavid I’ve ever thought would leave, it’s more draisaitl. Go find his dog.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
That's always been my concern. Last year Evander Kane played through injury and refused to go on LTIR. He's likely going to do the same thing next year instead of getting the surgery he needs.

Unfortunately this is why 2 other fan bases had problems with him.

Don't get me wrong, a healthy Kane is a unicorn on this team and something that we need. It's just frustrating that he refuses to get the help he needs and hurt the organization by refusing to go on LTIR.

I also don't see him accepting a trade so we're pretty much stuck with playing him to start the season unless JJ can use his mind tricks. We're a team with high expectations and the best of the best. We want Kane at his best and he'd rather play being "fine" then at his best. McDavid and Draisaitl play through injuries as well so that's kind of the standard we've set.

You can't just force someone on LTIR.
Why do you think Kane refused to go on LTIR? With the playoff race and tight to the finish line they decided as an organization and player to play through it.

Reactions: YakDavid

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
It’s not Mcdavid I’ve ever thought would leave, it’s more draisaitl. Go find his dog.
Lmao my brother has talked with Dri a few times at the park. I should ask him to go snoop . More than likely I will be told to mind my own business

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
The only negative with the McLeod trade is I just don’t see a reliable fourth line. I cant see this team running McDavid/Draisaitl/Henrique/RNH down the middle nor do I think they should.

I don’t want to see Ryan running the fourth line. I think Holloway is probably better as a winger. Hopefully Jackson finds another center.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
The only negative with the McLeod trade is I just don’t see a reliable fourth line. I cant see this team running McDavid/Draisaitl/Henrique/RNH down the middle nor do I think they should.

I don’t want to see Ryan running the fourth line. I think Holloway is probably better as a winger. Hopefully Jackson finds another center.
Yep, this is exactly my thought process too. If they want a decent faceoff guy that can put up some 5v5 points, Nick Cousins is the guy I'd be after.

North

Jun 25, 2009

Entirely possible 4C is Pederson or Hamblin until Philp gets back up to speed.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Why do you think Kane refused to go on LTIR? With the playoff race and tight to the finish line they decided as an organization and player to play through it.

That's what local media guys are saying including Tom Gazzola and the guys from two guys and a goalie. They keep repeating that you need the players permission to go on LTIR. Heck even JJ alluded to it saying he's talking to Kane and seeking second opinions.

When Kane told everyone that he was dealing with an injury all season (sports hernia) fans were upset with Holland who basically deflected the question away from Kane (not calling him outright) but saying that you can't just put guys on LTIR and that their is a process (which requires the players approval). It's pretty obvious that he didn't want to go on LTIR last year and is going to do the same thing this year.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Entirely possible 4C is Pederson or Hamblin until Philp gets back up to speed.
Absolutely. It's good that we'll have competition for the position. If Kane's in the lineup though, a 4 headed monster of McDavid, Drai, RNH, and Henrique down the middle is pretty amazing to think about.

Reactions: North

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I had no idea Kane had actually built a home here. That certainly complicates any trade scenario, plus it doesn't sound like he wants to go. Kind of an awkward scenario. Is it because he doesn't need surgery, or because he refuses? It's baffling that he would refuse any surgery that would mean full, unimpeded health so maybe he really didn't need it? But it was allegedly bad enough he couldn't even sit during the playoffs at times. Someone in the local media here needs to do some serious digging about this.

Reactions: McDoused

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I had no idea Kane had actually built a home here. That certainly complicates any trade scenario, plus it doesn't sound like he wants to go. Kind of an awkward scenario. Is it because he doesn't need surgery, or because he refuses? It's baffling that he would refuse any surgery that would mean full, unimpeded health so maybe he really didn't need it? But it was allegedly bad enough he couldn't even sit during the playoffs at times. Someone in the local media here needs to do some serious digging about this.
Well you can't trade an injured player so maybe that's part of his strategy here.

Friedman Kypreos etc went public with the bad blood between him and the org so Iam sure there is something going on behind the scenes.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Well you can't trade an injured player so maybe that's part of his strategy here.

Friedman Kypreos etc went public with the bad blood between him and the org so Iam sure there is something going on behind the scenes.
Yeah that's why I'd like some clarity here as a fan. First and foremost is the surgery needed, or not? That sounds like a divergence of opinion between both sides. Is that the main cause of the bad blood or is there other stuff?

Surely there has to be a better way to resolve this. I don't want this distraction over the summer and going into another season. Kane is pretty unique, bringing several different dimensions at once into one single player. But you can't have a guy harbouring grudges and not having it affect the team atmosphere somewhat. Especially since signing all these guys, it will likely mean diminished ice and him having to go down to a top 9 role (he had been dropped to 4th line duty a few times too, which I'm sure didn't sit well with him). He's also pretty lazy and negligent defensively, which I am willing to bet led to some of the exchanges we saw between him and Perry, Draisaitl, etc.

Kane, man.. SMH. Just doesn't learn. Always wears out his welcome wherever he goes, even with his much desired skillset.

Reactions: Heavy Dee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad