Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
***purely making this up*** knowing JJ he’s probably going to find a way to trade Kane and Ceci for Parayko
Honestly if we managed that forwards look basically just as good since Kane looks nice deep on the roster but is also can have a lesser player on the 4th line and it won’t hurt us.

Ekholm- bouch
Nurse-parayko
Kulak-broberg
Stecher

Is a very good D corps is nurse figures his shit out

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I haven’t really chimed in on the Kane stuff because I don’t really care for all the rumours swirling out, most of which is baseless.

I do have concerns with Kane but I try and keep it mostly on the hockey side of things. My concerns are mostly due to where he fits on the roster and the accumulation of injuries. I don’t think he fits in the top 6. If hes happy in the bottom 6 then that’s great.

I will say though, he still had 20+ goals last. And also hes still a physical player when hes not scoring. People talk about Nurse, Descharnais etc being physical but those guys really don’t touch Kanes physical game. If we move on from him, we will probably be looking for another player like him. And honestly there aren’t many players like him.

But I mean if he doesn’t want to play in the bottom 6 or the team doesn’t want to deal with his off ice antics (if true), then thats one thing. But we probably aren’t going to know.

So I’ll just try and support him if hes on the team.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Buffalo was offering up Savoie to everyone at the draft apparently, Oilers were just the team that bit.
I think it’s more likely that other teams made their offers and he liked McLeod the most.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Assuming we are looking D core and moving Kanes money and more for it. Who are we potentially targeting that has 2+ years left for 2 or 3 RHD?
My heart is set on Adam Larsson returning at the deadline. Have to hope that Seattle has another development year and falls out of it early on.

The guys on the ice play Seattle four times. I think they could do a pretty good sell job telling him how much they needed him on this past run. Bring him back and convince him to stay.

Last edited:

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think it’s more likely that other teams made their offers and he liked McLeod the most.
How many third line centers in their mid 20s were out there with good metrics? McLeod is a good depth player and he scored a few big goals for us.

Strike while the iron's hot.

Reactions: CROTT

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
My heart is set on Adam Larsson returning at the deadline. Have to hope that Seattle has another development year and tasks or if it early on.

The guys on the ice play Seattle four times. I think they could do a pretty good sell job telling him how much they needed him on this past run. Bring him back and convince him to stay.

Larsson is pretty much the ideal addition IMO.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Lol Mcleod is the best they could get?
The talk from some of the media guys when everyone was trying to make sense of the trade was that Savoie wasn't that highly valued by other GMs, might not have been that much interest as you'd might expect.

No idea why, size/injury/behind the scenes personality could all be factors. We won't know until we start getting a real look a the player.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The talk from some of the media guys when everyone was trying to make sense of the trade was that Savoie wasn't that highly valued by other GMs, might not have been that much interest as you'd might expect.

No idea why, size/injury/behind the scenes personality could all be factors. We won't know until we start getting a real look a the player.
what media guys?

Reactions: Sanchez

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Not sure if anyone listens to Hello Hockey but Tom Gazzola said Buffalo offered us Matty Savoie lol… are they this desperate for a 3C?

Also, David Pagnotta reported this morning that the Oilers are not done yet. He says they are still looking at the defence core and sounds like they want to make a move there.
That’s interesting. If Savoie was offered, it could mean that Mcleod was offered to the market and competing bids were considered. Did Gazzola say anything related to that?

Also, yes that would be awesome if we now address an upgrade on D. That would be the cherry on top of this already awesome off season.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
How many third line centers in their mid 20s were out there with good metrics? McLeod is a good depth player and he scored a few big goals for us.

Strike while the iron's hot.
It’s desperation from Adams. Other GMs know it and he’s getting squeezed.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The more I hear about the McLeod trade the more I think JJ wasn’t actively looking to trade McLeod but Adams either made or accepted such a ridiculous proposal that JJ couldn’t say no.

Ya the report was they talked about it at the draft so it feels like they probably asked about McLeod, and JJ figured coming off game 7 of the cup finals that they didn’t need to move him unless it was really worth their while, so he set a high price and Adams finally caved

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

I think he’s fine except his size. I bet that brought interest down and Buffalo may have asked for too much at first

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It’s desperation from Adams. Other GMs know it and he’s getting squeezed.
I'll wait until I see Savoie in action.

There's always more than simple 'player value' when these trades go down. Buffalo has to take a step forward this season and McLeod is helping them do that more than Savoie is playing in Rochester. McLeod is a player they can lock in long-term, too.

I'm not saying that this trade won't tilt heavily in our favor either. I'm excited to see the kind of impact he might have on a guy like Petrov or Bourgault if these guys cook in Bakersfield.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOilers88

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'll wait until I see Savoie in action.

There's always more than simple 'player value' when these trades go down. Buffalo has to take a step forward this season and McLeod is helping them do that more than Savoie is playing in Rochester. McLeod is a player they can lock in long-term, too.

I'm not saying that this trade won't tilt heavily in our favor either. I'm excited to see the kind of impact he might have on a guy like Peteov or Bourgault if these guys cook in Bakersfield.
From a Sabres POV it’s extremely poor value.

Reactions: TB12 and McTonyBrar

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I haven’t really chimed in on the Kane stuff because I don’t really care for all the rumours swirling out, most of which is baseless.

I do have concerns with Kane but I try and keep it mostly on the hockey side of things. My concerns are mostly due to where he fits on the roster and the accumulation of injuries. I don’t think he fits in the top 6. If hes happy in the bottom 6 then that’s great.

I will say though, he still had 20+ goals last. And also hes still a physical player when hes not scoring. People talk about Nurse, Descharnais etc being physical but those guys really don’t touch Kanes physical game. If we move on from him, we will probably be looking for another player like him. And honestly there aren’t many players like him.

But I mean if he doesn’t want to play in the bottom 6 or the team doesn’t want to deal with his off ice antics (if true), then thats one thing. But we probably aren’t going to know.

So I’ll just try and support him if hes on the team.
Great post

Reactions: GOilers88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad