Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What’s wrong with our depth?

The time to do that deal isn’t now anyways. You put Kane on LTIR and then at the deadline, if Broberg hasn’t proven to be a top 4 guy, you move Ceci out for a retained top 4 dman. Teams usually don’t want to retain now, but at the deadline it’s not a big deal, and despite having to be dollars in, dollars out, Ceci for a double retained dman means you can literally add any dman in the league (up to 13 million AAV)
On Defense? Nurse, Ceci and Brown.

They need to replace Ceci with someone competent before camp.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
This is such a smart underrated moved. When you make big decisions like this it so important that the CEO/GM isn't just telling his start players what to sign for. McDavid and Draisaitl need to be part of the decision making process and feel like it's their decision. The collaboration between all three will create more trust and buy-in. I think both guys are smart, realistic guys who understand that the more they take, the less the team has to surround them with talented players that can help them win.

What a great culture. Compare it to Toronto where they are scared to negotiate and talk to their stars as if to offend them.
Very smart move bringing in JJ too by Katz. Being McDavid's former agent brings in that understanding of the player and individual, and a comfortability that most wouldn't have.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Very smart move bringing in JJ too by Katz. Being McDavid's former agent brings in that understanding of the player and individual, and a comfortability that most wouldn't have.
That's not a Katz move. That was McDavid walking a few houses down and recommending Katz that Jeff Jackson exists

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Mmmm. Totally disagree. He plays his worst trying to do as little as possible. The board dumps and reverses absolutely kill the wingers and his dpartner.

He needs to do more, like skate it outta trouble and make a pass.

In game 7 theres was one play where he picked it clean behind the net and looked to reverse. That play has absolutely decimated them, hence his poor performances. However, you could see he dbl clutched then skated away from the forecheck and made a nice oulet up the middle.

What's hurt him the most is not making more of those
I'm talking about his defending not his play with the puck. I agree he needs to skate when he has the puck. When he tries to be too active as a defender he gets himself out of position constantly trying to do another guys job, or he sticks his foot out and deflects a puck into the net. I like when he defends aggressively, but he needs to keep it strategic and to his own assignment not everybody elses assignment.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Really hoping we hear some positive rumours about a Drai extension over the next few weeks, outside of Edmonton there’s been nothing but fear-mongering
I think we will and I think it’ll be a very reasonable number vs the overpay everyone out there is hoping for.

They just came as close as you can to winning, that fire is burning hot right now. Then the guy you are negotiating with just went out and added some real good players for you to play and put the team over the top while convincing them to take less then they could have gotten elsewhere.

You’re right in the middle of a contending window and you’ve got really good players taking discounts to come here to win. I think Leon extends and on a AAV on the lower end of expectations.

Reactions: barry halls

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Probably not, but for his cap hit he’s a significantly more minor issue compared to the albatross that is Darnell Nurse.
So, I don't care about his cap hit and I know Nurse's is a HUGE problem, I've often suggested finding a way to move on from him, however, Ceci just not being good enough is a problem.

I'm not suggesting any of these changes to make Nurse better, I want the team to be better, Ceci ain't it.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If or when the McDavid's opens in Edmonton, Darnell Nurse will also get his own trio called, the "screen your goalie, a deflection with a starfish on the side"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So, I don't care about his cap hit and I know Nurse's is a HUGE problem, I've often suggested finding a way to move on from him, however, Ceci just not being good enough is a problem.

I'm not suggesting any of these changes to make Nurse better, I want the team to be better, Ceci ain't it.
You can probably find value in Ceci, either as a trade asset or as an actual player on this team when he’s not playing with Nurse.

The priority should be to trade Nurse, not Ceci. Well, both, but Nurse first.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You can probably find value in Ceci, either as a trade asset or as an actual player on this team when he’s not playing with Nurse.

The priority should be to trade Nurse, not Ceci.
Totally, I agree 100%, though I will say, move on from BOTH, and the team will be better off.

I wonder if Chicago would take Nurse ($2.25M retainted) for Connor Murphy?

Then flip Ceci to the Sharks for Futures and the team looks like

Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Murphy
Kulak - Stetcher

At much better team.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Nurse+ for Pulock makes a ton of sense.

Package McLeod, Ceci and picks for Jonas Brodin

Ekholm-Bouchard
Brodin-Pulock
Kulak-Broberg
J.Brown/Stecher

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If you're looking for a laugh go check out the "Oilers have the best forward group" thread on the mains.

It's basically a consortium of Flame, Nuck and Leaf fans telling themselves it's all ok.
Sounds like a lame attempt at a jinx thread.

North

Jun 25, 2009

The priority should be to trade Nurse, not Ceci. Well, both, but Nurse first.
People forget that Ceci was never meant to be a top pairing defender. He was signed to be a middle pairing defender. The problem is they didn’t have anyone else who could babysit Nurse.

Ceci tries but it’s not working.

When you put him on a lower pairing he’s usually a bit better.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Nurse+ for Pulock makes a ton of sense.

Package McLeod, Ceci and picks for Jonas Brodin

Ekholm-Bouchard
Brodin-Pulock
Kulak-Broberg
J.Brown/Stecher
It does, Minny isn't moving Brodin, and you have to re-sign the important players on the team still.

Do the Isles consider moving Pulock I wonder.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

What the hell is with this narrative I'm seeing now that Drai took a big discount on his last deal?

Written by someone that doesn't know anything about hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad