Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ask yourself the important questions this morning.

You need an identity.
What's the identity?

You need the right mix.
What's the right mix?

ding

Our identity is we're one of the best teams in the league before yesterday that was a couple of goals away from a Stanley Cup literally in late June.

We are one of the top offensive teams in the league, and yes one of the top defensive teams in the league last year under Knoblaugh.

We got better. Substantially.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He didn't get along with Torts in Philly

Carolina played Kotka who is even worse lol

Where are you guys coming up with stuff?

He played his most minutes in Philly. He was soooo bad as a defender he apologized many times to the media how inconsistent his play was. It was only at the end of the years Torts had enough.

Then he went back to Car with a definitive role and played his way off the team, to 10min a nite at best.

You guys clearly know nothiing about the player

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Shed cap, inject toughness up front, add mobility and puck movement from the backend...

Kane can fill two of these conditions but not both at the same time.

This team was literally just in game 7 of a Cup Final even with Draisaitl injured so badly he was unable to score a single goal in the Finals and Kane unable to play basically period.

This team is an underdog against no one anymore.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
This team was literally just in game 7 of a Cup Final even with Draisaitl injured so badly he was unable to score a single goal in the Finals and Kane unable to play basically period.

This team is an underdog against no one anymore.
don't count your chickens before they hatch

logic 57%
he also said Skinner chose the Oilers overs the Leafs lol
provide links, maybe you fellows dreamt this stuff last night

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
don't count your chickens before they hatch

logic 57%

provide links, maybe you fellows dreamt this stuff last night

I'm not counting any chickens, they're a very good team. It's just a fact.

Every other team gets respect from making the Finals, but suddenly we're supposed to act sheepish? Florida got their ass railed in the Finals last year and still earned respect.

And that's another thing too, I don't wanna hear this shit about "being soft". This is a mentally tough group and they deserve credit for that. Many other teams, even very good teams would have folded up shop multiple times last season. 2nd last in the league at game 12 with McDavid injured, coach fired ... could have quit there.

Down to the Canucks 0-1, then 1-2, then 2-3 ... no problem, we'll just shut them down the last two games and take game 7 on their home ice.

Down 1-2 to the Stars, oh ok now the "real" Oilers showed up, uh except we bounced back and dominated the last 3 games in a row.

Down 0-3 in the Finals ... most teams would quit and call it a season, maybe happy to get one token win to avoid a sweep. We fought back to put ourselves in game 7 and damn near pulled off the greatest come back in modern pro team sports.

This team deserves some f***ing credit after all that.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Every other team gets respect from making the Finals, but suddenly we're supposed to act sheepish? Florida got their ass railed in the Finals last year and still earned respect.

And that's another thing too, I don't wanna hear this shit about "being soft". This is a mentally tough group and they deserve credit for that. Many other teams, even very good teams would have folded up shop multiple times last season. 2nd last in the league at game 12 with McDavid injured, coach fired ... could have quit there.

Down to the Canucks 0-1, then 1-2, then 2-3 ... no problem, we'll just shut them down the last two games and take game 7 on their home ice.

Down 1-2 to the Stars, oh ok now the "real" Oilers showed up, uh except we bounced back and dominated the last 3 games in a row.

Down 0-3 in the Finals ... most teams would quit and call it a season, maybe happy to get one token win to avoid a sweep. We fought back to put ourselves in game 7 and damn near pulled off the greatest come back in modern pro team sports.

Maybe bone head fans aren’t giving the Oilers any credit but NHL players certainly are. They all watched what the Oilers did and they want in.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
LAK are so confusing to me, I don’t know wtf they’re doing.

Also, just going to state that I think Van might even miss playoffs next year. Insane PDO last year that realistically wont be replicated and their roster looks worse than last year.

Reminds me kind of like Calgary after we broke them in the playoffs. Insane PDO, goalie that was lights out, everyone with career years etc.

None of the teams in our division got better. Flames, Sharks, Ducks are irrelevant and shit. Kings, and especially the Nucks and Knights downgraded.

Even looking at the bigger picture in the conference at other contending teams - Avalanche will be worse or the same at best (in cap hell), Jets did nothing, Stars did nothing. If anything the Predators probably replaced one of those teams as competitors.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

Not to be argumentative but this is a case of "counting chickens before they hatch."

We need your big brain working on solutions, not daydreaming about big boobs and lemon cream meringue pie.
Maybe bone head fans aren’t giving the Oilers any credit but NHL players certainly are. They all watched what the Oilers did and they want in.
94% logic, nice work.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm not even joking, they should honestly give some thought to the idea of Sidney Crosby being potentially available to them at the trade deadline.

He has earned the right to choose his destination and I think the idea of playing with McDavid and adding a Cup brought back to Canada would be the icing on the cake for Crosby's legacy.

According to MacKinnon McDavid and Crosby play together on the same team in a summer thing and they just dominate everyone else including him lol.

I don't think Crosby wants to just waste the remaining good years he has left on a non playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad