Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Ask yourself the important questions this morning.

You need an identity.
What's the identity?

You need the right mix.
What's the right mix?

ding

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I got Janmark and Brown signing at 1.5M and Arvidsson at 4.5M so JJ really did his work here. I actually got Henrique signing at 3M as well. Skinner I got him signing at 2M. 3M doesn't feel like a discount as he's still getting paid from the buyout. Otherwise a masterclass

Without a doubt Kane is going to get LTIR

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

You need an identity.
What's the identity?

You need the right mix.
What's the right mix?

ding
We took a game 7 cup final team and removed a mediocre D and an inconsistent winger and added 2 top 6 goal scoring wingers to it.

Our identity is high pressure high offense.

The right mix? We were a goal away with McDrai injuries and added 2 guys who can score when McDrai aren’t.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

You need an identity.
What's the identity?

You need the right mix.
What's the right mix?

ding

Lol. Or better yet, don't ask these useless questions as they already have been answered.

Identity- cup or bust. Same as last year. They are favorites. They know their goal

Mix- answered. Top level line 1 and pair 1. Top pk and pp. Added wingers for line 2. Line 3 already established.

Ding..aling

What's this? What's happening? Explain yourself

Meds.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Lol. Or better yet, don't ask these useless questions as they already have been answered.

Identity- cup or bust. Same as last year. They are favorites. They know their goal

Mix- answered. Top level line 1 and pair 1. Top pk and pp. Added wingers for line 2. Line 3 already established.

Ding..aling

Meds.
3% logic

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Hard not to be pleased with the free agency action so far.

I would say it's still a significant need to upgrade Ceci to push the team over the top, though I do like Stecher and I am pleasantly surprised by the emergence of Broberg.

The forward mix is very solid, especially since we don't really have anyone in the pipeline pushing.
How can you not like bringing back that entire 3rd line and putting Arvidsson and J. Skinner on top of that. Finally some actual skill options to play with Draisaitl.

The only thing I would have some concern over is we are slower overall and almost hand in hand there is some age and injury risk here.

Nuge, Arvidsson, Janmark are 31.
Hyman, Kane, Skinner are 32.
Henrique at 34, Ryan at 37, Perry at 40.
You have 2 forwards beyond McDrai under 30 (McLeod and Holloway).

Luckily, Jackson was smart enough not to go crazy on term with any of the deals. But some youth will be needed. We lose forechecking speed with the departure of Foegele and don't gain anyone back who fits that bill.

Foegele, for all his faults, ended up having some good moments here in the back half of his contract. He was a good element whenever added to the top 6, showing well with Drai and McDavid. I am hoping Holloway finds a way to fill the role and pot 15-20 allowing us to spread the wealth in the top 9. Foegele's departure is one of the reasons I would also find a way to hang on to McLeod who is a potential casualty from adding all these forwards. Need a couple players who can simply motor, win races, and suppress shots against. And there won't be a bunch of pressure on him to produce because we definitely added some goals here with Skinner and Arvidsson.

Holloway-McDavid-Hyman
Skinner-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Nuge-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-McLeod-Perry
Kane/Ryan

Good work by Jackson. Takes some of the sting of G7 off (though I'll never fully heal until we lift Lord Stanley in the McDrai era). I hope we find a way to get Draisaitl and Bouchard extensions done before the summer is over. Would basically be a damn near perfect offseason.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
That is just not true lol. Just because you don't like his views, his year over year stats do not lie.

Sounds like you do not like the person, not the player.

Sounds like you like the person and dont know the player.

I am also a Flyers fan. So i definitely know the player. He sucks. I could care less about the politics

You know who also didn't care about the politics? Carolina. They brought him back....and he was soooooo bad they chose to bench him half the year.

• Haha
Reactions: McDaddy

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Sounds like you like the person and dont know the player.

I am also a Flyers fan. So i definitely know the player. He sucks. I could care less about the politics

You know who also didn't care about the politics? Carolina. They brought him back....and he was soooooo bad they chose to bench him half the year.
He didn't get along with Torts in Philly

Carolina played Kotka who is even worse lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad