Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Dallas had a terrible day lol

Resign Duchene - thought he was invisible in our series against them
Lose Tanev + Hakanpaa
Replace with
Dumba 2 x 3.75
Lybushkin 2 x 3.25
Kinda seems like the only playoff teams from last year in the west that had good days were the Oil and Nashville. Everyone else either neutral or bad.

Reactions: NeverForget06

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
I mean he's fine but he's not replacing anyone in the top 6 with the current additions.

He, at minimum, needs to be healthy.
He should be put on LTIR till healthy (play the Vegas game ) and he sure would be nice fit in top 6 if an injury happens. He's not some slug like people are saying, he had a bad year/playoffs, injured and tried to play through it.

Reactions: stewy04

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Also feels good seeing the Canucks not end up with any of Guentzel, Lindholm or Zadorov. And that DeBrusk contract is pretty ugly. This is the Oil’s year to win the division.

This x1000. You love to see it. I find it hilarious how Canucks twitter is just trying to downplay our moves when they are worse than last year on paper and are due for natural regression.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
LTIR only works if he’s on it all the way until April though. If all he has is a sports hernia, he’ll easily be playing in Oct/Nov. In that case, we’d be unable to activate him because we’re already capped out.
Hip injury and lingering nerve issues with his hand may be a possibilility. I hate speculating on that but I believe he could easily be on LTIR for the season for rehab, etc..

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
He should be put on LTIR till healthy (play the Vegas game ) and he sure would be nice fit in top 6 if an injury happens. He's not some slug like people are saying, he had a bad year/playoffs, injured and tried to play through it.

Injuries + being out of shape when showing up to camp does not help.

I still like Kane though, he has that bite and swagger to his game, especially when he is on. If Kane is healthy, he is legit a difference maker come playoffs.

I just don't know how you can fit Kane here though with the Henrique signing now.

Move Mcleod and we still are not cap compliant. Move Ceci and we have a hole on defence.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
This x1000. You love to see it. I find it hilarious how Canucks twitter is just trying to downplay our moves when they are worse than last year on paper and are due for natural regression.

The offseason they had is the usual "good" offseason the Oilers would have. Lose some decent players and add some decent players, but overall a net negative

Leads to a lot of fan cope

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Assuming some sort of cap compliance, I think you fit him on line 3 with Henrique when he's healthy. I think they are a better match in speed and play style.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Kane - Henrique - Holloway

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Why would that be? The cap is going up and they lose some of the dead cap
Leon and Bouch probably going to have combined raises of about $10m. Even with a rising cap, that’ll be painful. Brown and Skinner I’m sure will be gone after this year and it’ll be near impossible to find equivalent players for their current cap hits.

Still optimistic about the long-term outlook though as long as the core players are here.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Injuries + being out of shape when showing up to camp does not help.

I still like Kane though, he has that bite and swagger to his game, especially when he is on. If Kane is healthy, he is legit a difference maker come playoffs.

I just don't know how you can fit Kane here though with the Henrique signing now.

Move Mcleod and we still are not cap compliant. Move Ceci and we have a hole on defence.
Is it actually true he showed up to camp out of shape, or just some bs made up by Gregor. At the beginning of the season Kane was one of the better players.

If Kane needs hip surgery or other, it could keep him on LTIR till April, that would be excellent, as we are very short on team toughness. What happened to McDavid in the Canuck series was embarrassing with no pushback.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Super stoked about this july 1 but the biggest move is yet to be completed, drais extension. Can you imagine the distraction it would be if we start the season without him signed? You obviously cant trade him when chasing a cup

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Leon and Bouch probably going to have combined raises of about $10m. Even with a rising cap, that’ll be painful. Brown and Skinner I’m sure will be gone after this year and it’ll be near impossible to find equivalent players for their current cap hits.

You never know, winning cultures attract players that will take less for a chance. I do agree we probably will not get the same value that we just did with Skinner and Brown at 4 million but we will find lesser alternatives.

Just have to go all in and win this year. Upgrade the defence and if Stu is shaky, even upgrade him.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Still optimistic about the long-term outlook though as long as the core players are here.

Fair enough, yeah they will probably have to dip back into hoping they can find some gems. Hopefully some more drafted contributions on ELCs and some good analytics finds to lessen the blow

Reactions: McOilers97

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
When Jackson was asked what he had in store for the offseason:
magic-shia-labeouf.gif

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Assuming some sort of cap compliance, I think you fit him on line 3 with Henrique when he's healthy. I think they are a better match in speed and play style.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Kane - Henrique - Holloway
Not sure where he fits but I would never break up that 3rd line from the playoffs. In all honesty with the forwards we have our 4th line could play 11 min + a night, its crazy depth

Reactions: smokersarejokers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad