Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The Perry signing seems completely unnecessary now, he wouldn't even be in the top 12 to start the year. They must know that Kane has something serious going on. Since they mentioned hip, I bet he's getting surgery and will be out for quite a long time.
One thing that I found so refreshing in JJs presser was when he said the main concern as far as Kane is concerned right now is his health. Everything else is inconsequential.

Reactions: Sanchez

Thomas Tatar

IMG_9135.jpeg

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Kane should want the surgery and time to convalesce. He made it clear to the media he was playing through the sports hernia for crying out loud, don't be a hypocrite now and refuse the surgery and rehab. Get it done properly, something I wish McDavid would do as well if he needs it, instead of opting not to.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Wonder if one of the soft eastern conference teams that Panthers dummied would be interested in Kane.
Keep Kane. Drop Ceci to be cap compliant if Kane isn't on LTIR to start the year. Then go trade for Adam Larsson at the TDL if Seattles out of the playoff race. The money works and Larsson is a pure rental, and the Oilers have 3 Swedes on the team now (Arvidsson from the same city as Larsson).

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Keep Kane. Drop Ceci to be cap compliant if Kane isn't on LTIR to start the year. Then go trade for Adam Larsson at the TDL if Seattles out of the playoff race. The money works and Larsson is a pure rental, and the Oilers have 3 Swedes on the team now (Arvidsson from the same city as Larsson).

Minor correction, that would be 4 Swedes (Arvidsson, Janmark, Ekholm and then Larsson)

Reactions: McFlyingV

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stuff I read on the Leafs board. HAH!:
Edmonton took my top 3 forward targets.....f*** off

Damn .. Edmonton's got a fine forward group there.

Best in the game and it's not close IMO
Hyman - McDavid - RNH
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Kane - Henrique - Holloway/Perry/Brown
That's an unbelievable top 9, with the top 6 full of high end scoring talent

I'm surprised by the Oilers. Doing so much, with so little cap space.

Oilers are winning the cup this year

Damn Oilers got Henrique at a great price .. wonder why Tre wasn't into that. Maybe he didn't want to come to Toronto.

Oilers are a wagon. Can't blame players for wanting to sign there for cheap.

Somehow I completely missed the Oilers getting Arvidsson, great contract too. Ugh that top six has insane firepower

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad