Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Updated, Updated lineup that I updated like 10 times today haha

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Kane-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Janmark-Henrique-Brown
McLeod-RNH-Holloway

Perry

Lol, I don't know. This is unreal
Kane may start on the LTIR according to JJ comments to Spector. As of now, that remains the most likely way the Oilers are affording this all-in approach.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
That place must be at Defcon 1 now

Loooool

d86.png

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Trust the process. JJ is cooking and he's got a red seal
If they divest themselves of Mcleod, I'd worry about team speed again honestly. They thrive on aggressive forecheck and proactive play. They're a veteran squad for sure with very little in the development pipeline, nevermind actual players on the cusp.

Love the signing and term, just hope we don't completely gut the team speed.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
So guys

RNH - McD - Hyman
Skinner - Drai - Arvidsson
Janmark - Henrique - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Perry

Ekholm - Bouch
Broberg - Ceci
Nurse - Stecher
Last year we had the greatest Coach and Defence the McD era has ever seen. Got within 1 game of a Cup. This year we have all that, plus the best forward talent the McD era has ever seen.

The Cup will be ours!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Best July 1 I can ever remember. Mainly because we didn’t do anything blatantly dumb. Considering the term and money thrown around today, we did outstanding.

I’m not sure I could have scripted it any better, save for an upgrade on D. That one is more complicated though and can work itself out through the year. I can’t wait to no have to watch one of the middle 6 lines suck this year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Insanity. Went from a decent offseason to what just happened

Thank McJesus. Jackson may be a wizard, but players want to be here
Holland would have done 1/4 to 1/2 of what JJ did today. Guaranteed he lets Janmark and Henrique go. Probably re-signs Desharnais though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kane may start on the LTIR according to JJ comments to Spector. As of now, that remains the most likely way the Oilers are affording this all-in approach.
Ok gotcha but they'd still need to be cap compliant at some point during the season when he returns unless it's full season LTIR which doesn't seem plausible almost 10 months out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad