Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
tenor.gif

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I like our free agency, I really do, but I was real upgrade on 2nd pair RD. Get Nurse someone as good or better than he is. Or at least close to it
We saw that Knoblauch likes having options to try different alignments for different opponents. Now he'll have Ceci, Stecher, Brown, and Broberg (and even Kulak) as options with Nurse. There's also the option for a deadline deal to upgrade Ceci.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi
So you are trained and capable of passing judgement be it criminally or in spirit without all the facts.
Charges do not equal guilt. As far as I know, you are not a trained judge.
How narcissistic of you to think otherwise.
Man... you really don't understand what I said, do u...
Try reading it again maybe? lol. I dunno bud. As I said, nearly EVERYONE would agree with the spirit of what you keep saying.

I don't know how to make it clearer.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Why are we looking for a GM ??
Jackson doesn't want it long term. Guy looked half dead in that online media presser. Lot of pressure on whomever comes in, maybe that's why he wants an established guy with NHL experience. Not someone who will 'put the stamp on the team' but someone who will have to GM by committee a bit, lots of input from the likes of Jackson, Coffey? and others I guess.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Still think that will be addressed at the trade deadline. More quality options then.
That's what I said last season around this time, but the help never materialized and Nurse + Ceci got brutalized for the 3rd playoffs in a row, it really can't happen a 4th time at that point we aren't an organization committed to winning, but more of a clubhouse for McDavid & Drai's friends.

If Broberg keeps his play on the RD to how he did in the playoffs for the upcoming season, we are f***ing laughing. That top 4 may become beast mode if Nurse decides to play hockey
We can roll with it for a bit if need be and maybe his regular season performance will reinforce some confidence in that working again, but generally serious contenders don't earmark someone that inexperienced into such a critical role, save for the truly exceptional talents like your McDavid's, Markar's, or Doughty's of the world.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
This was a good day of signings and I don't want to crap in anyone's cornflakes, but our most glaring need is still unaddressed our 2nd pair is going to continue to buckle under forecheck pressure and be inadequate at transitioning the puck to our improved forward group.

Like I'm a huge fan of upgrading Foegele to Arvidsson and Skinner is a lot of offensive pop at a very reasonable price, but nothing will impact this roster as much as getting that 2nd pair in order.
That's an area that you can't address in the offseason unless you commit significant cap dollars and term. And that market going into July 1 was noticeably soft. The guys that did get signed, got paid.

The Oilers will need to find a way this singer to get themselves below the cap ceiling by a few million dollars OR they're going to be pressed at the deadline once again and those areas of need will be addressed in dollar in/dollar out type deals.

That being said, this is the same D core that played in Game 7 of the Cup Finals. They'll be fine.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Jackson doesn't want it long term. Guy looked half dead in that online media presser. Lot of pressure on whomever comes in, maybe that's why he wants an established guy with NHL experience. Not someone who will 'put the stamp on the team' but someone who will have to GM by committee a bit, lots of input from the likes of Jackson, Coffey? and others I guess.

Can we atleast like get a trade deadline with him holding the keys?

Good lord.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad