Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Jackson's presser should be interesting. 'Sorry I only signed about a dozen guys on the first day, would have signed more if I had an extra day or two after the season ended.'
We're used to Holland being in bed and calling it a night by 2pm.

Oh, didn’t realize McLeod was needing a deal. I like his game but he really struggled in the playoffs.
He's got a year left.

Reactions: iCanada

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I wonder if we are going to dump Ceci and run

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Stecher
Kulak - Broberg
Brown

With Kulak and Broberg rotating into that second pairing RD spot and then potentially getting an upgrade at the trade deadline.
Something tells me that JJ has more in store outside of signing Holloway and Broberg. He's a forward thinking proactive GM (the draft day trade told us right off the bat what he's all about), I think we might see a trade or two still.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Something tells me that JJ has more in store outside of signing Holloway and Broberg. He's a forward thinking proactive GM (the draft day trade told us right off the bat what he's all about), I think we might see a trade or two still.

Waive Ryan, start with 12F if need be, but as the season goes on you can either accrue some extra cap or bring in like a 800k extra forward for 50% retained later on in the year for a few peanuts (thus giving you a full roster).

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'd like to see a prototypical 3C brought in now. Laughton or Jenner type.

Ceci, McLeod, 2nd for Jenner?
Kane for Laughton?

Seems like Ceci is for sure gonzo with the Stetcher signing.

Reactions: belair

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
You guys know one your allowed to go over the cap in the off season by 10 percent right? Nothing "needs" to happen for signings right now unless its a big one....
Only thing is it leaves QO RFAs open for an offer sheet. I'd need someone more versed in capology to confirm, but I believe that would give the Oilers 7 days to get cap compliant before matching the offer sheet.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I know people are down on Bourgault, but those with eyes on him, where is his position of strength? Is he a projected winger? Or can he hold his own up the middle?

I'd like to see him with Janmark and Brown in training camp.

That being said. If have to think that Lavoie might get shopped. Or he and Rodrique both go on waivers early.
XB is strictly a winger. Hasn't played any center in Bako.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad