Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I know people are down on Bourgault, but those with eyes on him, where is his position of strength? Is he a projected winger? Or can he hold his own up the middle?

I'd like to see him with Janmark and Brown in training camp.

That being said. If have to think that Lavoie might get shopped. Or he and Rodrique both go on waivers early.
Hoping Rodrigue can earn the back up role. Won't have to risk waivers and a $225 cap savings over Pickard.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
As a former agent, free agency day should be right up JJ’s alley. He’s dealing with other agents here and killing it.

Still need to see how he deals with other GMs though. I guess the draft trade was a small glimpse, but ultimately the values of draft picks are pretty known. So they should be easy deals to make. It’ll be a different animal trading for players.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Just the tiniest little quibble, if I may.

The skill on the team has taken a huge step with the returning players and new additions. But if Kane is gone for it, they will be losing some size and toughness that I’m not sure they really have in the forward corps anymore
Dredger sent out a tweet after that goof Friedman trolling BS saying the Oilers have not and will not ask Kane to waive

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Stecher back. Interesting. Someone in the org must like him besides Holland. Well atleast we didn’t waste assets at the TDL, we get another chance now to see what he’s got.

Reactions: McDoused

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ahh f*** it. Who’s needs a D upgrade. We scoring our way out of our problems this year.

The Oilers D held their own against LA, Vancouver, Dallas, and even Florida. The Panthers didn't scored 7 goals in the last 4 games, that's pretty damn close to shutting them down.

Knoblaugh and Coffey were game changers. Nurse needs to go spend the summer at Daryl Sutter's farm and figure his shit out, the rest of the D did their jobs.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Great day for the Oil. Kept most of the team in tack, added a few in Ardvisson and skinner. Would love Henrique back but outside of him I’m happy with the day and continued direction of the team. Overall very solid. Poised for another deep run and hopefully next season is the year.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The Oilers D held their own against LA, Vancouver, Dallas, and even Florida. The Panthers didn't score more than 2 goals in the last 4 games, no other D did that to them.

Knoblaugh and Coffey were game changers. Nurse needs to go spend the summer at Daryl Sutter's farm and figure his shit out, the rest of the D did their jobs.
True. Our D under Knob Coffey has been good. Really good.

Nurse and his 9.25M would be significant.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Stecher has pretty decent underlying numbers and was a bit of an unfortunate victim when it came to the roster choices. Maybe the move comes on the back end. Maybe at the front. But there has to be more happening here because it's not adding up.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad