Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Could this be a sign that our organization is now more analytics focused.

At the TDL, our analytics guy Mahe informed Holland we were 28th in the league for finishing. A piece of information that seemingly went ignored by Holland at the TDL.

And now we get a huge injection in offensive skill and shooting talent.

You will hear no Tarasenko/Toffoli pining from me this year. We have more than enough up front now.
Yeah. Them hiring Parkatti was huge. Mahe deals more with immigration and Visa than analytics (according to Holland)- but you point stands

Barring trade, got to figure one of Stecher or Brown end up in the minors.
Stetcher is too good to be in the minors

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I’d be intrigued if they could move McLeod and Ceci and bring back Henrique too. However, I’d be a little worried about our team speed as Skinner, Perry, and Henrique are all pretty slow. This depth though!

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Draisaitl-Arvidsson
Kane-Henrique-Brown
Yeah, I don't like losing team speed either. The Oilers are built for an aggressive forecheck game, not a passive, reactionary slower paced one. It's a far better game to watch.

But I'm sorry to say something has to give in the lineup. Numbers don't add up, roster wise or cap wise.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I think he’s just a quiet reserved dude. He’s been known to be weird in interviews for years too.

Odd duck. But I like the player.

The eye test with nurse made me think that could be a thing. He seemed to call nurse down? Maybe I had rose colored glasses

Small sample size but it felt like they had chemistry. I wonder if that’s what they’re banking on

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Just the tiniest little quibble, if I may.

The skill on the team has taken a huge step with the returning players and new additions. But if Kane is gone for it, they will be losing some size and toughness that I’m not sure they really have in the forward corps anymore
Agreed. Kane’s physicality will be missed. It sucks cause Kane healthy is a unicorn in this league. Someone that could score and bring the physicality. If we do get rid of him we will probably need to go the more traditional route of a bottom 6 face puncher. But that face puncher might be more in his prime, which I always preferred for face punches. A younger, hungrier face puncher.
Yeah. Them hiring Parkatti was huge. Mahe deals more with immigration and Visa than analytics (according to Holland)- but you point stands

Stetcher is too good to be in the minors
Hm weird characterization of Holland said that. Watching the Drop and our TDL war room, Holland always asked Mahe the questions when it came to analytics.

Reactions: Oilhawks

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I know people are down on Bourgault, but those with eyes on him, where is his position of strength? Is he a projected winger? Or can he hold his own up the middle?

I'd like to see him with Janmark and Brown in training camp.

That being said. If have to think that Lavoie might get shopped. Or he and Rodrique both go on waivers early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad