Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Liked Desharnais as a person who had a nice story of a late round pick slowly working his way up through the Oilers system. Nonetheless, the Oilers need to be ruthless in maintaining cap flexibility so $2M/season remains a non-starter for a 6/7 guy. Wish I could have wished Desharnais success in the future, but he signed with the Canucks.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I will never for the life of me understand the emotion when it comes to who gets management jobs.

Is it not apparent that Jeff Jackson is the guy running the ship right now? And his priority when it comes to hiring a GM has everything to do with that person's contacts and the rapports they've built over the tenure of their career.

Who out there today would be at the top of the list?

This isn't a situation where the new guy comes in and puts his own people in. The assistant GMs, the scouting department, the coaching staff. They're all here already.

Waste of energy to get up in arms about this stuff.

100%. But we had people writing dissertations about how badly a league min 6/7D sucks, so there is that

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I guess good luck to him. Would not be getting this money from the Oilers, and it's probably his last chance to make some good money.
Yeah, not hating on the guy. He took his shot and got paid, when the Oilers couldn't afford it. Really wish he hadn't gone to them but that's how it is.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I wouldn’t have minded keeping Vinny. That 3rd pair with Kulak and vinny was great, just doesn’t quite cut it deep in the playoffs. I hope Brown will fill in decently for Vinny.

Anyway we got Vinni now, there can only be so many.

But yeah sucks he went to Van, I get it because I also went to Van but not with 2 million dollars. It’ll be interesting to see how he does against us

Reactions: Vagabond

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I'm out of the loop. Why is this so bad?
I guess he screwed up with their rfas in Chicago when he was new there. Tallon arguably built that team and Bowman somehow forgot to qualify their rfas and they had to move Byfuglien, Bolland, Versteeg and maybe more. All young guys at the time, just won a Cup.

Chicago still got more cups after but they could have been a more notable dynasty without that f***up.

Also bowman must have been around for all the weird sexual misconduct stuff in their org

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I wouldn’t have minded keeping Vinny. That 3rd pair with Kulak and vinny was great, just doesn’t quite cut it deep in the playoffs. I hope Brown will fill in decently for Vinny.

But yeah sucks he went to Van, I get it because I also went to Van but not with 2 million dollars. It’ll be interesting to see how he does against us
I guess they do not see his upside above the 3rd pairing, and by the look of it they do not want to invest much money into that type of player with Kulak and Ceci here. The new Brown is probably the direct replacement for VD, big, slow, physical bottom pairing d-man.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Brown will be in the pressbox unless injuries happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad