Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
We would gain $1.675 million cap space in the first year of Kane's buyout and $2.875 million in the second year. -$1.125 million each season for the 3rd and 4th season post buyout. Not an overly big savings.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
3 years x $1.25 million I'd give him. $1.5 million max AAV.
Severalli saying Janmark wants term, if I'm the Oilers I give him 3 or 4 years all day.

He's been a warrior for the Oilers, and his hockey sense and defensive acumen aren't going to evaporate even if he slows down over the next few years.

Reactions: Tarus

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It is. Stauffer specified a smaller, mobile, offence oriented R shot D with around 200 games experience. That's exactly Boqvist. Let's see if they actually get him though. Still quite young and has warts in his game, so let's hope he can buff those out in Bakersfield and get brought up. A good low buy shot to take.
It is. Stauffer specified a smaller, mobile, offence oriented R shot D with around 200 games experience. That's exactly Boqvist. Let's see if they actually get him though. Still quite young and has warts in his game, so let's hope he can buff those out in Bakersfield and get brought up. A good low buy shot to take.
[/QUOTE

If I remember right the Oilers were big on him during that draft

Reactions: Shizuka

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Severalli saying Janmark wants term, if I'm the Oilers I give him 3 or 4 years all day.

He's been a warrior for the Oilers, and his hockey sense and defensive acumen aren't going to evaporate even if he slows down over the next few years.

Wonder what term means. Rishaug said they gave him a multi year offer. If they gave Brown 3 years, I am sure they will give Janmark 3 years. Maybe 3 years isn’t long enough?

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

Isn't Boqvist the guy we all hoped would fall to us instead of Bouchard? Was meant to be a better all-round defender with true #1 potential?

He wouldn't be the first 23 year old defender to bloom late. We should be all over him if it can be done.

Reactions: Shizuka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad