Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Is there any concrete evidence of the Kane stuff? Or more ruminating / hearsay? Just from watching the stuff on the bench with Draisaitl I can imagine he's not necessarily enjoying the best chemistry, and he was dropped to 3rd / 4th line a number of times. Just from that I'd say he's probably wanting to go elsewhere.

That guy, man... wears out his welcome everywhere he's been. Still hasn't grown up, still hasn't learned, SMH.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Higher than I thought. I really don’t know why Perry needs the extra 300-400k. Some is bonuses so less bad unless its 10gp type of garbage.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Yup. I don't know what the problem is. Some speculating that new management is pissed that he didn't go on LTIR and there was the rumour that he whined about his ice time at the exit interview

His contract becomes an NTC by the TDL so maybe he's gone then. What a mess
He complained about ice time multiple times in the media this year, so it's believable on that front.

If he's not waiving his NMC, then he'll get his chance to redeem himself on the ice if he can stay healthy and get moved at the trade deadline if he doesn't. Can't see a situation where they buy him out though, that would be 4 years of penalties for a temporary problem.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Stauffer alluding to the Oilers being in on a R shot D as a depth 8th / call up.. smaller guy. I'm going to go with Boqvist, which isn't a bad shot to take. Around 200 games NHL experience, is what he said. So it all lines up with Boqvist.
Pretty obvious line draw to someone they apparently looked at before. They need defensive depth and a buy-low on faded first round pedigree makes sense. Lots of holes in his game though so no miracles anticipated.

Reactions: belair and Shizuka

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Like I have posted previously. Lowetide had a former TSN producer on and he made it clear that the brass sent a directive that every time McDavid is mentioned, Matthews has to be mentioned.
Lol Toronto propaganda confirmed. As always suspected. Oh well, it lead to nothing but Matthews being overpaid.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
He complained about ice time multiple times in the media this year, so it's believable on that front.

If he's not waiving his NMC, then he'll get his chance to redeem himself on the ice if he can stay healthy and get moved at the trade deadline if he doesn't. Can't see a situation where they buy him out though, that would be 6 years of penalties for a temporary problem.
Complaining about not getting top 6 minutes when you haven't earned top 6 minutes is not a good look.

Reactions: Shizuka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad