Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I have a real hard time believing that Henrique and his family wanting to play in Winnipeg.

If I had to bet I am sure the delay is him seeing what California teams are interested.

Would not surprise me at all seeing him return to the Ducks. They don’t really need to do anything and can take the time
You would also think at this point in his career Henrique wants to win, I can't see him signing in Anaheim unless it's on a 1 year deal with the intent of a trade at the deadline again.

I fully expect him to sign with a contender on a 2-3 year deal though

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The Chandler Stephenson contract has got to be the worst one signed today.
That one did make me pause a bit, seem a bit out of left field to fork out such high price for the guy. I don't know much about the player though, and he's been a 50 - 60 point player for 3 years now so maybe it'll pan out.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Y’all are being ridiculous.
I’ve been positive about our additions all day and I dislike one and yall freak out.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on you.

I think it's not necessarily the number of things you're negative about or positive about, I think the thing that people find a little grating at times is perhaps the overall frequency of the negativity and how you tend to not be open to the possibility that something might be good.

I think at times that can make others feel like you're kind of throwing a blanket on the thinks they're excited about - yucking their yum for a lack of a better word. We all do it to some degree - certainly I do with Skinner at times for sure. But if we're a little bit mindful we can make this place more fun for all of us, ya know?

So my apologies if I made you feel singled out or unwelcome, that was perhaps uncouth.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I mean the Caps only made it by default. They weren't a threat to anyone but themselves. They were legit one of the worst playoff teams of the modern era. If this was Philly or Detroit I'd completely understand it but that team is absolutely cooked.
They added a top six center and two top four defensemen, a middle six energy winger and a split starting G thus far. What did they lose off of their roster?

I get where you're coming from, but they're not really risking anything by trying to win still. Everyone that they've added over this last stretch is a tradeable player that's likely being put in a position to produce.

I have Washington ahead of the Pens, who are trying to do the same thing. Stay relevant.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
How is he bad?

Which games that you've watched of Arizona when you were watching Brown specifically made you come to that conclusion?

I know, you'll get me some random fancies chart of his on a bad team to prove that but it doesn't mean he'll be bad on a better team. Most players have bad analytics on bad teams because bad teams are.....bad.
I won’t show you the fancies cause you don’t care. My opinion is based on what I have heard from Ottawa and Arizona fans and the few games I’ve seen him play.
That all points to a bad player.
And yes most players have bad analytics on bad teams. But usually a team with a bad defense playing a guy as their, that player is probably not all that great or they would be playing more.

At the end of the day he is a #7 d who won’t be playing much. Not the end of the world.

But how dare I say anything negative about him.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They added a top six center and two top four defensemen, a middle six energy winger and a split starting G thus far. What did they lose off of their roster?

I get where you're coming from, but they're not really risking anything by trying to win still. Everyone that they've added over this last stretch is a tradeable player that's likely being put in a position to produce.

I have Washington ahead of the Pens, who are trying to do the same thing. Stay relevant.
Again I don't think "staying relevant" should be their goal. I get that they love Ovie but the org comes before he does.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
I won’t show you the fancies cause you don’t care. My opinion is based on what I have heard from Ottawa and Arizona fans and the few games I’ve seen him play.
That all points to a bad player.
And yes most players have bad analytics on bad teams. But usually a team with a bad defense playing a guy as their, that player is probably not all that great or they would be playing more.

At the end of the day he is a #7 d who won’t be playing much. Not the end of the world.

But how dare I say anything negative about him.

Here let me. I know these guys love these stupid picture graphs.

GRa1ycnb0AAf8vG.jpg

Reactions: McHelpus

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I don't mean to pick on you.

I think it's not necessarily the number of things you're negative about or positive about, I think the thing that people find a little grating at times is perhaps the overall frequency of the negativity and how you tend to not be open to the possibility that something might be good.

I think at times that can make others feel like you're kind of throwing a blanket on the thinks they're excited about - yucking their yum for a lack of a better word. We all do it to some degree - certainly I do with Skinner at times for sure. But if we're a little bit mindful we can make this place more fun for all of us, ya know?

So my apologies if I made you feel singled out or unwelcome, that was perhaps uncouth.
A lot of it is I will say something in passing and then like a few guys will respond saying things, I respond to that and people freak out. Tony Kahun is the worst for it. I said he wasn’t a great player, he said he is at least as good as Desharnais and I disagreed.

I post a lot and I reply to what a lot of people post. The funny thing is if I say literally anything positive no one even sees it. I call a #5 d a #6 d I get laid into.

Like today I’ve been mostly positive. Sure I have said things like peoples dreams of moving Ceci and Kane and spending cap we don’t have on big players isn’t lightly, maybe I shouldn’t. I was even defending Arvidsson earlier.

I apologize for not liking a player that all signs point towards not being good, I guess you can only make statements on players you haven’t personally watched if they are positive statements.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Maybe. But that's a big ticket for a guy with very little track record of being a productive depth player. He's getting paid like a top line forward because his stats were inflated playing with elite top line forwards.

I don't like that contract as a comparable for Beniers' future long term extension.
This is an expansion team in need of culture setters. With utility. A very good bridge for their young talent to grow around and learn from. Versatility, strength and developing depth through the middle of the ice is a solid investment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad