Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
yall-got-any-more-of-that.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Number 7 guy with a buriable contract.

Don't know him all that well but not much to complain about. If the coaches know him well and wanted him I'm happy with it.
Just reading through the thread now but I bet there are a lot of complaints. OMG, they signed him to 3 years ??? without realizing that the contract can be buried anytime.

I don't know much about him but he seemed okish in Arizona and brings some toughness so why not, I guess.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Just reading through the thread now but I bet there are a lot of complaints. OMG, they signed him to 3 years ??? without realizing that the contract can be buried anytime.

I don't know much about him but he seemed okish in Arizona and brings some toughness so why not, I guess.
Even knowing it can be buried, there will be some Oiler fans complaining, as if his salary is coming out of their pocket.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Agr
The position is an absolute priority. Having Nugent Hopkins move around the roster is an absolute value for this team. He can play 3C but I wouldn't hold onto that hope too tightly.
Agreed, preferably right shot but I think they have enough depth to run either McLeod or RNH at 3C to start the year and look at options down the road.

I’m still big on Sissons. With all the money Preds doled out today maybe they’d move him.

Reactions: KlimasLoveChild

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm sure you've legit seen him like, legit, zero times
I’ve seen him once or twice. The analytics community think he is easily one of the worst in the league and literally the only time I ever see his name mentioned is calling him bad. Could he be good? Probably.
Does it at the end of the day matter much for a guy that will spend 50-60 games in the press box? No.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The position is an absolute priority. Having Nugent Hopkins move around the roster is an absolute value for this team. He can play 3C but I wouldn't hold onto that hope too tightly.
I don't disagree but the Oilers don't have enough money, as of now, to sign a viable #3C. I wish they'd sign Henrique instead of Jeff Skinner for instance but not sure how realistic it is so if they do sign Skinner, Nuge is likely getting #3C time at some point. The Oilers did make it pretty far in the playoffs without one until the Henrique line was formed late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad