Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This Josh Brown guy has got ugly fancies but benefit of the doubt that playing for Arizona is/was most of that.

I do think it's a bit weird we're signing bit players to 3 year contracts when we don't even have a GM but whatever I guess.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That Chandler Stephenson signing is odd. He fills the exact same role that Yanni Gourde does. But now he's their highest paid forward and he's blocking Shane Wright from top six icetime.

Don't mind the Montour one though.
He's a great fit. Give cover for Wright to develop realistically as a top 9 and over time slide into an ice tilter 3C. Two time Cup winner, high character veteran (& good Sasky boy).

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I’d still very much like to see them pick up one of the three young Swede dmen who became available today(Boqvist, Lundkvist and Brannnstrom) on a cheap deal to try and right the ship. There’s still a lot to like and lots of potential with all of them imo.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The right side on D is Bouchard - Ceci - Brown right now.

I’m not sure Broberg can play full time as a RD.

If we’re trading Ceci we need to have a RHD replacement.
Preferably but I think the team is good enough to run with Ek, Bouch, Nurse, Kulak, Broberg, Brown as the 6 for part of the season.

I’d still love to snag Fabbro out of Nashville. He’s a guy I feel like is on the cusp of turning into a really reliable and solid top 4 defender.

Reactions: Canovin

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I’d still very much like to see them pick up one of the three young Swede dmen who became available today(Boqvist, Lundkvist and Brannnstrom) on a cheap deal to try and right the ship. There’s still a lot to like and lots of potential with all of them imo.

Maybe we move Ceci, sign Boqvist, and he is our RD replacement.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
How does Josh Brown get 3 year term???

can bury the contract in the AHL if needed but yeesh
You just answered your own question. It literally doesn't matter what the term is on those contracts more or less. The only factor would be how close we are to the 50 contract limit. If it's an amount that can be buried, then I don't care at all.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Back in 2021-22 the Sens played a game against Vegas where it was overheard that they were told to dump the puck into Brown's corner because they knew he'd immediately cough it up.

Just ask Ottawa fans.
A coach told his team to dump it into the corner of a #6/7 D-man for the opposing team

Wow, incredible. Teams would never do that to our Vinny!

I would have thought opposing teams treated all defenseman equally when it comes to where to attack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad