Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He is still trying to convince his family that Edmonton isn't all that bad place to live compared to SoCal.
Has Henrique actually signed somewhere else or is this still speculation?
That and that he will be taking a lot less in Edmonton compared to what he could get from a place like SanJose

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I don't even understand why people want Kane back. He was pretty useless on this run, is an aging, injury-prone power forward, and doesn't have chemistry with Draisaitl.

Holloway - Draisaitl - X should be the template for the second line. Enough playing Holloway on his off wing.
This. You nailed it. People are in love with what he used to do- not what he is. The hope is that he will somehow reach that year 1 level- when in reality- there is no chance in hell he will

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
"Don't have the space to fit in Desharnais". They have $12m in cap space right now Ryan. Not that I was big on them re-signing Vinny but this thought that the Oilers don't have cap space to do much of anything is silly and uninformed.
If he said that they don't have the space to sign him and do other bigger things than I'd agree with that.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
"Don't have the space to fit in Desharnais". They have $12m in cap space right now Ryan. Not that I was big on them re-signing Vinny but this thought that the Oilers don't have cap space to do much of anything is silly and uninformed.

Pretty sure they just mean space on the blue line. As in he's lost his job to Broberg or someone else.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Thanks, I wasn’t aware of that. Is this something that has changed recently? Because I was under the impression that during the Hyman negotiation the Oilers tried to acquire his rights from the Leafs so they could offer that 8th year to get the aav down.

That's right... and Dubas wouldn't "bend the knee".

I'm trying to look it up, haven't found a great link yet, but it appears Tobias is right. The Holland/Dubas feud must have been concerning a sign-and-trade of Hyman, which I suppose would be the loophole. Toronto signs him to 8 years and immediately trades him to Edmonton.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
lol- how am I making your point- and who are you quoting? Okay- I’ll wait for a suspended puck moving D man this year too. If it happens- I’ll give you all the credit.

You’re struggling grasping what the point is.

Point is players that aren’t available (or are impossible to acquire due to cap hit) become available during the season that you don’t expect. Kane was one. Ekholm was one.

The means in which they become available are completely irrelevant, but that matters to you for some reason, as if it doesn’t count unless the management group has to fight for it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad