Proposal: FLA-EDM-TOR

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmonton just signed their NHL backup (Pickard) and an AHL "veteran" (Delia) to play behind Olivier Rodrigue. We don't exactly need Spencer Knight. That said, I have no issue moving McLeod, I just don't know if this fits in terms of need. I also understand why Florida wants nothing to do with this.

If Toronto wants McLeod, he could be had for sure. Edmonton would want a RD or a cheaper 4C probably.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Edmonton just signed their NHL backup (Pickard) and an AHL "veteran" (Delia) to play behind Olivier Rodrigue. We don't exactly need Spencer Knight. That said, I have no issue moving McLeod, I just don't know if this fits in terms of need. I also understand why Florida wants nothing to do with this.

If Toronto wants McLeod, he could be had for sure. Edmonton would want a RD or a cheaper 4C probably.
What would it take in terms of picks from NJD (Edmonton then flips those picks for the asset they want)?

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I don't see the need for florida to be here, they didn't let go of stolarz to also trade knight without signing a backup

this could be a mcleod for liljegren trade, which I'd be hesitant based on mcleods playoff production, don't really want another underperforming player when it matters

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Knight really has very little value, but there's no real reason for Florida to trade him. Especially after just winning a cup.
They would probably be better suited allocating 4.5M to RD instead of back up G.

I don't see the need for florida to be here, they didn't let go of stolarz to also trade knight without signing a backup
They just signed Driedger who is more than capable of being an every day back up.

Edmonton is over the cap now, lol

Besides that, it's a terrible deal for Florida.
There's a lot of smoke out there about Edmonton moving off Kane. I prefaced this in the original post.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What would it take in terms of picks from NJD (Edmonton then flips those picks for the asset they want)?
Honestly, we might just take the picks and run, ha ha. He's certainly not worth a 1st. Maybe a 2nd in next years draft and a 3rd in the following?

Edmonton is over the cap now, lol

Besides that, it's a terrible deal for Florida.
Yeah, we don't need a goalie who would be making more than our starter, ha ha.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Honestly, we might just take the picks and run, ha ha. He's certainly not worth a 1st. Maybe a 2nd in next years draft and a 3rd in the following?

More than our goalie tandem

Skinner+Pickard = 3.6M
Knight = 4.5M

Reactions: ManofSteel55

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024

Devils would accept that imo, assuming they don't think there will be a PR hit from acquiring Michael's brother

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
3-way deal

To EDM: Knight
To TOR: McLeod
To FLA: Liljegren

This assumes Edmonton moves off Kane.
Congrats you made a bad trade for every team involved.

Knight is by far the best player but Skinner just got you to game 7 of the SC.

McLoed is at this point a first round bust.

Liljegren is an NHL defenseman but has his detractors and his warts but there is lots of potential upside still

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Liljegren is an NHL defenseman but has his detractors and his warts but there is lots of potential upside still
McLeod wasn't a first rounder. Nor is he a bust.

I wouldn't say he is a bust at all actually, he has really good speed, is sound defensively, good on the PK - he just needs some consistency offensively, and to play a bit harder in the dirty areas. He's fine in a bottom six, and has shown he can produce in the top six as injury replacement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Americanadian

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan

McLeod wasn’t even a first rounder and (assuming Hakanpaa goes through) fills a bigger need for Toronto than Liljegren. I’m a Leafs fan, I know what Liljegren is and he’s not playing on their 2nd pair and he won’t beat out Hakanpaa for 3RD.

Calling Knight the best player in this deal is a huge stretch. He has the smallest NHL resume of the group and he just put up back to back unspectacular seasons in the AHL. I agree he has the highest upside.

McLeod doesn’t have a strong fit in Edmonton with Henrique coming back. Skinner didn’t get them to game 7, McDavid did. Skinner was good, not great. He put up a .901 sv% in the playoffs. Knight gives them another lottery ticket for a long-term G solution.

Pay attention to the teams outside Toronto before you make these claims.
Not sure why Toronto does this? A cost controlled puck moving RD is huge for us. McLeod is terrible.
What does cost controlled mean to you? Lilhegren is a 2M 3RD (according to the Leafs board where I post every day) who is paid 3M for 2 years until he’s UFA.

Also it’s a bit rich calling McLeod terrible. He’d be the 3rd best C on Toronto. That list includes Domi.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
What does cost controlled mean to you? Lilhegren is a 2M 3RD (according to the Leafs board where I post every day) who is paid 3M for 2 years until he’s UFA.

Cost controlled means we know what he makes. Everything else you posted is conjecture. Clearly I and apparently the Leafs FO disagree with you. Also, according to the Leafs board every player is terrible. Not a single player who is good on our team.

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Cost controlled means we know what he makes. Everything else you posted is conjecture. Clearly I and apparently the Leafs FO disagree with you.
If being overpaid for 2 years until UFA is a benefit then I misunderstood the asset. That’s my bad!
Also, according to the Leafs board every player is terrible. Not a single player who is good on our team.
Obviously you don’t post there because it’s the opposite of what you’re claiming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad