Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Surprised he would want to come back to Canada

Mediocre D available with additional term*

Lol

Well put. It’s amazing to me that people are chomping at the bit to deal Ceci only to replace him with another version of him complete with more money and more term. Baffling.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
We traded for Ekholm during the year. Hoping we can do something similar for D this year, doubt we'll do much this offseason

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Why is that the only option?

We can spend time getting mad we haven’t made a random blockbuster deal, but it’s silly and wasted energy.

I’m mad we aren’t signing Stamkos AND Marchessauly actually. How would we do it? Doesn’t matter, I’m just mad we aren’t doing it because I want it.

Reactions: bucks_oil

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I
IF they sign a top 6 forward, they probably can't afford a legit Ceci upgrade. Since there are more top 6 forwards available than top 4 Dmen that are clearly better than Ceci, it makes sense to pursue the forwards.
I'm not sure if a legitimate upgrade on Ceci is even available.

The best option might to put Broberg or Kulak in Ceci's spot. Kulak - Ceci as our bottom pair should be good. An expensive 3rd pair, but good.

Edit - looks like I was late to the party on this discussion, and my thoughts were already shared.

Reactions: Macblender

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We traded for Ekholm during the year. Hoping we can do something similar for D this year, doubt we'll do much this offseason

Ekholm is the prime example of why going all out in the off season is dumb for a team that is a virtual lock to be in the playoffs at the deadline. Teams that you don’t think will sell sell and players that you didn’t think were ever available become available.

Or we can sign Matt Roy for $6M or Tanev for 6 years.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
People need to relax on the Ceci-Nurse bs. Yes, they didn't play well together, but like people have alluded to, we can get an upgrade on defence later in the year. Ceci and Kulak also have 1 year left, so they'd be easy to move for an upgrade in any trade this year. For now, just get a #6-7 dman and just play with what we got. Broberg is a lock IMO. We should look more solid next year.

Echodek

Feb 6, 2011
Ekholm is the prime example of why going all out in the off season is dumb for a team that is a virtual lock to be in the playoffs at the deadline. Teams that you don’t think will sell sell and players that you didn’t think were ever available become available.

Or we can sign Matt Roy for $6M or Tanev for 6 years.
Except that other teams that are a lock to make the playoffs appear to be going all in. Regardless, we don’t have the cap space to do much of anything.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
People need to relax on the Ceci-Nurse bs. Yes, they didn't play well together, but like people have alluded to, we can get an upgrade on defence later in the year. Ceci and Kulak also have 1 year left, so they'd be easy to move for an upgrade in any trade this year. For now, just get a #6-7 dman and just play with what we got. Broberg is a lock IMO. We should look more solid next year.
You CAN get an upgrade later in the year but doesn’t mean you will. We tried this past deadline and couldn’t do it and we had Ceci and Nurse cause us huge issues all playoffs.
I don’t think any of the UFAs necessarily are the option but it’s something we need to address by the start of the season. Moving Ceci OUT in season is an issue. It was rumored to be the reason why we struggled to upgrade on him. Cause teams didn’t want to take cap back in the trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad