Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Wasn't Bowman the one that f***ed up the Versteeg, Bolland, and (I'm missing one but I can't remember) qualifying offers by just straight missing the deadline?

Wasn't that like essentially a 6 million dollar extra cap hit that year when the total cap was like 45 million? That's like a 12 million dollar f*** up this year.

Yeah no thanks.
No, that was Tallon.

Reactions: iCanada

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Dude, if you want to get there again, you need to constantly be getting better. If all the teams around you are getting better, and you are not, do you think you make the finals again? Also, you didn’t win it- so you need to tweak to ensure a)you get there b) you can win
Agreed but the deadline can also be used to upgrade

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

LOL never fails to amaze me the dumb things Toronto pulls off.

vince-mc-mahon-falling-in-chair.gif

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
But again, what is the obvious solution today? I'm sure Edmonton management is quite aware that they need to find a way to address it before the next playoff run

Groundhog Day again here.

More players, for less cost, that will probably better fit our needs (whatever they may be) will be available at the deadline and throughout the season. There is absolutely no need to panic because we haven’t shot for the stars an hour into free agency, but some need the dopamine fix I guess.

Or we could be like Toronto and do dumb shit like the Tanev deal….

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Stauffer seems to insinuate that our Defense will stay the same minus a #6/7 signing.

They cannot consider keeping Ceci.

He did however state that the Oil are looking to sign a top 6 to play with Drai.
IF they sign a top 6 forward, they probably can't afford a legit Ceci upgrade. Since there are more top 6 forwards available than top 4 Dmen that are clearly better than Ceci, it makes sense to pursue the forwards.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
If they sign Arvidsson or another top 6 wing you can always drop RNH to 3C for awhile to give Holloway a good look in the top 6. Hyman/Kane/Arvidsson/Holloway are good enough top six wings with Drai/McDavid as your centers

If that doesn't pan out you can add your 3C at the deadline
Holloway was a centre before being drafted.

3rd line of Janmark, Holloway and Brown might not be a bad 3rd line.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not surprised that the D will stay the same for the most part since I doubt any team would trade for Ceci.
The issue isn't trading Ceci, the issue is finding an upgrade. You can't trade Ceci and replace him with Desharnais and a league minimum guy.

This is a group that got them within a goal of a Cup so I'm ok with running it back until the deadline if an upgrade is needed there.

Reactions: K1984 and Wreckus

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Reactions: Vagabond

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
IF they sign a top 6 forward, they probably can't afford a legit Ceci upgrade. Since there are more top 6 forwards available than top 4 Dmen that are clearly better than Ceci, it makes sense to pursue the forwards.

True. I guess with how well Broberg played in the Finals, it makes sense in a way.

Put Ceci in Desharnais spot I guess and let the Vincent walk.

I'd still trade him out tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad