Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
To be fair he has had about 27 minutes to accomplish anything. This close to free agency players may want to see what else is out there as well.

He had a few days beforehand to get them signed along with Pickard. I'm just giving him the amount of rope this board gives to any of the other managers that have gone through here.

Don't make promises if you can't deliver on them. I'll be happy to be proven wrong on that when Brown and Janmark sign extensions

Reactions: VainGretzky

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
Expanding on the Raddysh thing... There are a lot of other options out there that if they aren't producing, then what? Where the hell do you put him in the lineup if you need to try someone else top 6? Another kind of funny thing is that during his last year in junior he was traded here to the Soo. If I remember correctly, his nicname was Big Dog. Just find it funny when he was a decent size in junior, he wasn't huge by any means.

Another funny thing is that Campbell was also traded to the Soo at the trade deadline as the saviour in net that season and he failed miserably. The Soo was one of the heavy favorites to come out of the OHL that year.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think expectations are that a lot will happen tomorrow, and that the Oilers will sign some impact players which is not going to be happening. I think other than Janmark and maybe one other it's pretty quiet around here causing the forum to go on full boil. We dont have a lot of money so its going to be a quiet summer unless Nurse or Kane gets moved out and that would have happened by now I think to take advantage of tomorrow.

You might be right. But there isn’t much left after Day 1.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I wonder where Foegele will be in 48 hours? I suspect the Oilers will still make some attempt to re-sign him.
There’s a fanbases out east (NJ) that’s convinced he’s a Pejorative Slured McDavid Lite Lite. And they like that. I’m guessing maybe there.

Expanding on the Raddysh thing... There are a lot of other options out there that if they aren't producing, then what? Where the hell do you put him in the lineup if you need to try someone else top 6? Another kind of funny thing is that during his last year in junior he was traded here to the Soo. If I remember correctly, his nicname was Big Dog. Just find it funny when he was a decent size in junior, he wasn't huge by any means.

Another funny thing is that Campbell was also traded to the Soo at the trade deadline as the saviour in net that season and he failed miserably. The Soo was one of the heavy favorites to come out of the OHL that year.
Is his game not suited for bottom 6? Heard he’s a good PKer too.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Lol. Maybe I’ll get my Toffoli+Walker dream after all.

This is me with Arvidsson and Walker.

You might be right. But there isn’t much left after Day 1.

The offseason is pretty much done after Day 2. After that the rest of the moves could happen anywhere between Day 3 and Day 60 and it really wouldn't matter.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Does Campbell get traded or waived for purpose of a buyout tomorrow? Does Nurse-Ceci get a 4th year together to make sure that all Oilers fans have gray hair regardless of their age or does JJ have mercy on our souls and hair color and move out at least one of them? Does Kane get moved?
Nurse and Ceci stopped giving me gray hair years ago. It’s just falling out now.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Id want Jeff Skinner if he was in Win a Cup mode and comes cheap. Him and Drai can pop off on line 2 for us.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
And this is why no one congratulated them at the draft on winning the stanley cup. What a group of assholes.
I wondered about that…I didn’t watch the entire first round but what I did see, nobody offered them congratulations or thanked Vegas for tge “hospitality” even though it was held in the sphere. I thought that was a bit out of the ordinary.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I wondered about that…I didn’t watch the entire first round but what I did see, nobody offered them congratulations or thanked Vegas for tge “hospitality” even though it was held in the sphere. I thought that was a bit out of the ordinary.
Apparently the NHL instructed teams not to. They wanted them to just get on with it, don’t bring everyone on stage and don’t go on and on with formalities.

I probably would have watched if I knew that ahead of time. I rarely miss drafts but the last couple seemed to drag on for so long and it got boring.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
And this is why no one congratulated them at the draft on winning the stanley cup. What a group of assholes.
it would be nice if that were true, but it's actually that the NHL clamped down on mini-speeches to streamline and speed up the draft.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
There’s a fanbases out east (NJ) that’s convinced he’s a Pejorative Slured McDavid Lite Lite. And they like that. I’m guessing maybe there.

Is his game not suited for bottom 6? Heard he’s a good PKer too.
I think his game could be up and down the the lineup. His hockey IQ is high enough that he can be a net front guy in the top 6 that wins board battles and be defensively responsible enough to not hurt that line's 200' game. I think he could fairly easily be a cheaper replacement for Foegele with a bit more physicality, and would be the best player on the 4th line that is a regular on the PK.

IMHO, if he got top 6 minutes most of the season, 25 goals wouldn't be considered a never gonna repeat it again total. I also think he could be a great candidate for a 1 year show me deal. That is something that could be a great idea for bother sides. Where else is he going to go for a better situation for a show me deal? I think he is absolutely worst case a cheaper replacement for Foegele, worst case.

Titsuple

Jun 23, 2009
edmonton
Erik Brannstrom - 7 goals in 266 games No thanks!
Boqvist - always hurt career -41 No thanks!
Raddysh - has potential on a better team Sure. 1 year show me deal
Debrusk - has playoff experience, I think like Hyman, on this team could break out Sure
Arvidsson - I think he would be a good low cost option.
Jeff Skinner - He can score but is softer than Mcleod I am unsure if I would want him.

The Oilers are a cup contender! good players will take short term discounts for a good chance at lord Stanley!

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Id want Jeff Skinner if he was in Win a Cup mode and comes cheap. Him and Drai can pop off on line 2 for us.

Word is he wants to stay on the East Coast for family reasons (I guess I can understand if it's illness in the family or the like). Seems like he doesn't care much about winning

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Erik Brannstrom - 7 goals in 266 games No thanks!
Boqvist - always hurt career -41 No thanks!
Raddysh - has potential on a better team Sure. 1 year show me deal
Debrusk - has playoff experience, I think like Hyman, on this team could break out Sure
Arvidsson - I think he would be a good low cost option.
Jeff Skinner - He can score but is softer than Mcleod I am unsure if I would want him.

The Oilers are a cup contender! good players will take short term discounts for a good chance at lord Stanley!
Woof lol

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
We gotta stop posting Panthers shit here. Do you, but man it pisses me off seeing those assholes gloating.

Never seen a professional hockey team fake injuries like they did, just shameless, filthy motherf***ers. They will NEVER make the finals again.

This is what happens to me when I see too much Panthers shit, drives me nuts.
Yes thank you. Please to all just don't post Panthers shit in this thread. Put anywhere else or make a new one if you want but this thread should be about looking forward to next season.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think his game could be up and down the the lineup. His hockey IQ is high enough that he can be a net front guy in the top 6 that wins board battles and be defensively responsible enough to not hurt that line's 200' game. I think he could fairly easily be a cheaper replacement for Foegele with a bit more physicality, and would be the best player on the 4th line that is a regular on the PK.

IMHO, if he got top 6 minutes most of the season, 25 goals wouldn't be considered a never gonna repeat it again total. I also think he could be a great candidate for a 1 year show me deal. That is something that could be a great idea for bother sides. Where else is he going to go for a better situation for a show me deal? I think he is absolutely worst case a cheaper replacement for Foegele, worst case.
Interesting. Yeh sounds like a good bet for a Foegele replacement. Considering too that Foegele is 2.75M and only just recently hit the 20 goal mark himself, hard to go wrong with someone that could potentially do that at 1M or less. The oppurtunity with our roster too should be a consideration for Raddysh, hard to imagine it won't immediately be a better situaiton for him than Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $15,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00