Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Hopefully we can re-sign a couple of our UFAs before tomorrow. Once other teams start calling it could be significantly more difficult to re-sign some of our guys

Reactions: McDoused

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Probably not unless he took a huge leap this off-season unexpectedly.

He was kind of mediocre and took a step back last season unfortunately.
I think he needs to re-invent himself to be relevant at the pro level. Maybe be more of a pesty type winger

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Not expecting the Oilers to do much if anything at all. Just try and tidy up their free agents and that’s about it.
I don't think that will be the case, Holland doesn't work here anymore. Jackson seems like a proactive guy, I expect a significant signing in addition to the re-signings and maybe a trade or two.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I expect the roof to blow off this place tomorrow when we don’t have much to show for Day 1 of FA. Not much time to get things done today and some of our players will get offers elsewhere.

Well based on the past, nothing much happens after Day 1 FA. Theres a little bit of action on Day 2 and then GM’s basically go on holidays. This year might be different just because of the tight schedule but it’s probably not going to be much different.

After Day 1 the roster is close to set for most teamS. Qualifying guys and some contract extensions get done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Would have to be a salary in salary out deal though. Unless we are planning to go with 16 skaters next year. ;)
The Oilers have $13m in cap space with no big contract re-signings unless they bring Henrique back, plus there's also the rumors of them being in on top 6 forwards. That "salary in salary out" thing doesn't apply this offseason.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I hope management doesn’t think that because we made it to game 7 of the Stanley cup final we can just run it back with no changes. While we do have a good team and should be comfortable with the base, there is a lot of luck and perfect storms that made us get there.

Still some massive holes in the roster

Reactions: McDrai

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I hope management doesn’t think that because we made it to game 7 of the Stanley cup final we can just run it back with no changes. While we do have a good team and should be comfortable with the base, there is a lot of luck and perfect storms that made us get there.

Still some massive holes in the roster

Running it back would require re-signing the UFAs. So far, only Pickard is returning

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Jackson said he wouldn't be active in the UFA market so he better not sit on his hands with our UFA's or I'll be massively disappointed. He better not think standing pat is the best strategy. We need at minimum a Ceci upgrade and bottom 6 upgrades while keeping our UFA's.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Wow, that parade had lots of people, tens and TENS of people!
Panthers fans gloating about being at the Cup parade:

shouting-development.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad