Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Jake Debrusk is gonna fit right in on this Canucks team given that his playoff success is built on shooting at double his regular season rate while getting caved in the entire time.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Arvidsson is the better player on a cheaper contract and not a 7 year albatross. No brainer IMO

Exactly! I can't count how many times I saw Arvidsson against us the last 2 playoff runs and how he was ALL OVER the place! He is the PERFECT fit for us. DeBrusk, as nice it'd be to put him in the middle wingers, he's not a true upgrade over Arvidsson.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Debrusk was useful to a price point, good for him. I will say though, he was a Leafs killer in the playoffs and I always appreciated that haha.

Reactions: Vagabond

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
“What’s the mood like in Vancouver among the fanbase Murph?”

Any answer other than “bitter, petty, immature, and obsessed with the Oilers” would be inaccurate.

Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Exactly! I can't count how many times I saw Arvidsson against us the last 2 playoff runs and how he was ALL OVER the place! He is the PERFECT fit for us. DeBrusk, as nice it'd be to put him in the middle wingers, he's not a true upgrade over Arvidsson.

I think Leon and Viktor are going to terrorize the league and be well-hated by opposing fans

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
That Edmundson contract is so unreal that I had to give it a double take. The stupidity of some of these GMs is astounding.
The Debrusk contract is high too but not as crazy as the Edmundson deal.

Makes me even more thrilled about the Brown and Arvidsson signings.

$5x5 for Monahan from the Blue Jackets takes the cake for me. Astoundingly stupid.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I d

I don't think he is. Only 2yrs tho at 4m so it's palatable. Plus Arvi has an injury prone problem and he's small/fragile.

DeBrusk was awesome in the playoffs too. Of all teams to get him, it sucks the Cucks got him.
Debrusk has a career high 50 points and only had 40 points last year

he's not that good and ultra streaky

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Stamkos, Skjei and Marchessault all coming from low pressure, low tax, southern based cities sign with another one lol.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I’m just basing it on the fact that Foegele is 3 years younger and 4 inches taller and 25 pounds heavier and 13 injuries fewer than Arvidsson. IT does start to add up and grind a guy down. Foegele is basically an Ironman who despite his limitations has shown signs of improvement lately. Arvidsson trending the other way.

Like I said, if we somehow got something resembling prime Arvidsson it’d be great but we should temper expectations.

What a dumb take lol. Foegele may be the better player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad