Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers waive Lavoie again

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Said it before, saying it again and yes it is a hill I am prepared to die on. S. Skinner is not the guy who will backstop this team to a championship. You can’t rely on hoping to get “good skinner” on a game to game basis. The defense has holes too and it’s another vortex of mystery. We’ll see what kind of patience Bowman has and what he does to manage the cap.
I'm willing to give him 20 games to prove he can steal games for this team and not just lose them because of his shit play. There does need to be a backup plan which I don't think we have.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If the plan is still accrue cap we'd have to send someone down of similar cap hit if we wanted to sign Shattenkirk or whoever

I doubt we are doing this. We just signed Dermott. I don't see why we would sign anyone else at this point. It's not like one game would shake up the roster

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
At this point two of those three might be somewhat useful with Nurse and allow us to play Emberson with Kulak who I think would help him to grow his game.

Nurse can’t do that.

It's becoming clear Nurse will sewer any pairing he's on. It wouldn't have mattered at all who his partner was last night, he still makes those braindead plays all on his own.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Nurse - Bouchard
Ekholm - Emberson
Kulak - Shattenkirk/Giordano

That's probably what I would run. Even though Giordano is old, he is the best one defensively.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
If any team can pick him up and send him down without going through waivers why wouldn't they. Hes a free 2nd round prospect. I will be pissed if that happens.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Nurse - Bouchard
Ekholm - Emberson
Kulak - Shattenkirk/Giordano

That's probably what I would run. Even though Giordano is old, he is the best one defensively.
There is no way, no how we should be saddling Bouchard with Nurse.

Man what I meant was WHEN Barrie was on Edmonton
But you said Nurse would be better if we had Barrie playing with him.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Then that was my mistake. What I meant was the last top 4 Dman Nurse played with was Barrie and he was decent with him. THAT time, Barrie was a top 4 Dman lol

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021

Why not? Having Bouchard on his pairing will force Nurse to manage the puck less. If Bouchard can't be effective without Ekholm, they need ro seriously reconsider giving him big money.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Why not? Having Bouchard on his pairing will force Nurse to manage the puck less. If Bouchard can't be effective without Ekholm, they need ro seriously reconsider giving him big money.

Nurse is a disaster, you don't give him more minutes. I'm starting to agree with Cloned, they should put him on the 3rd pair and tell him to figure his game out.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Nurse is a disaster, you don't give him more minutes. I'm starting to agree with Cloned, they should put him on the 3rd pair and tell him to figure his game out.
I already gave up with Nurse figuring it out. All I'm saying is give him the best RD on the team to try and reduce his mistakes. That's why I'm pairing Ekholm - Emberson together, because Ekholm can cover for him.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Said it before, saying it again and yes it is a hill I am prepared to die on. S. Skinner is not the guy who will backstop this team to a championship. You can’t rely on hoping to get “good skinner” on a game to game basis. The defense has holes too and it’s another vortex of mystery. We’ll see what kind of patience Bowman has and what he does to manage the cap.
I think most posters on this site have arrived at the same conclusion that you have.

Some nights you get "Good Skinner" and some nights you get "Bad Skinner" but its fairly clear that he is never going to be an elite goaltender and that's what you have to work with. Unfortunately, there isn't much cap room to play with.

Once again, the team is going to hope that you can simply outgun the opposition with 2 of the best players in the World. Let's hope Mc-D can work his magic out there again this season. I thought that in the game against the Jets he looked frustrated. It's a heavy load, even for the best player in the World.

Reactions: Echodek

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
This organization is so bad with young players
Another team also out a claim in for him in this latest go round. In order to send him to Bako which was always the goal he had to go back on waivers.

Serious Question.

Aside from his Calgary time and reputation, which player best fits? I seriously don’t know, just asking…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad