Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers to sign Dermott, assign Philp, waive J. Brown, Caggiula, Lavoie, Rodrigue to minors.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers should claim bussi if Pickard isn't ready to start the year, plus creates competition

Had a pal tell me the Oilers should claim Brandon Bussi (nice name haha). 6 years younger than Pickard. He is 225k cheaper, and has had much better results in the AHL over the last 2 years.
And catches right handed, gives a different look

Reactions: McAsuno

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Cant wait for all of the Lagesson lovers start clamoring for Oilers to pick him off waivers.
Seems dumb and there aren't any of those.

I'm not sure Bussi is any better than Rodrigue.

Kind of seems like he's a regular AHL goalie getting the "Boston goalie factory" bump.
Sure, but I literally can't hurt to see if there's something there.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
My guess is that some team does claim Lavoie this year.

A lot of offensive skill (albeit some short comings) and league minimum wage. 1 year contract.

If I was rebuilding a team then I would say why not?

edit--oh, wait, I posted the exact same thing last year.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
So apparently Bowman wasn’t high on Brown and he didn’t sign him obviously. The coaches were high on him and wanted to keep him. But the GM won that argument
Everyone's eye test won the argument. Every game I watched him play he stood out in a bad way. At least Stecher, Dermot and Emerton didn't stand out at all, which is a good thing.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
So camp just a big waste of time except for PTO Dermott likely getting a contract. This roster was picked two months ago.

Good thing we wasted all the opportunity to at least let Draisatl gel with his new wingers.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
If I was Edmonton, I'd pick up Brannstrom and not sign Dermott..

I'm guessing you have not seen a lot of these two players? I wouldn't base it on draft position ....

Brannstrom has been jettisoned from 3 teams in 3 months. There is a reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad