Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Oilers to sign Dermott, assign Philp, waive J. Brown, Caggiula, Lavoie, Rodrigue to minors.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I get the team wants to accrue cap space. I think they need to in order to have space for a RD at the deadline.

But I think its also a mistake to go with a thin roster especially for a team that just went to game 7.

Maybe Philp is a paper transaction but probably not.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Matthew Robertson was the one I was hoping would be on waivers. That's our guy imo. Rangers made the same mistake last year with Emberson.
A left shot d, who has zero NHL games, limited offense, meh defence. Why would we want him in our NHL club?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Samuel Bolduc from the Isles might be the most interesting name on there to me.

23 year old 6'4'' 220lbs LHD. He was the Isles' #7D last year. Put up 10g25a in 56 games in the AHL the year prior.

Reactions: McAsuno

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Philp looked like twice the player Lavoie did.
very different players. Lavoie will never be a 3C/4C, just like Philp will likely never be a scoring winger, who possesses a shot like Lavoie. No doubt, Philp looked better, but he was just being him. If you asked Philp to of tried to be a one shot scoring winger in camp, I doubt he would of looked as good. I still have faith that if Lavoie got a chance in our top six with Leon or Connor, that he could very well be a good fit. If Skinner struggles and/or misses time due to injury, Lavoie would be my first choice to replace him. I also feel Philp could be a great fit for this team long term, as a 4C, and maybe even a 3C one day.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
Good for Brown, he sucks.
Sad for Philp, thought he earned a spot. Hope nobody claims Lavoie.
I think the reason Philp got sent down is because they want to get him minutes, and not have him in sit in the pressbox 50% + of the time. He and Ryan play the same spot, 4C, and Ryan had a solid camp and is a veteran player. Based on Ryan's play, and Philp's situation (missing all last year, being waiver exempt, etc.) - I don't think there is anything more he could of done in camp to make this team.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Ryan is hurt, right? So he can't obviously be sent down. Probably why Philp had to go : /

Hopefully a paper transaction and he's back up shortly. He earned his spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad