Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Kane to Return Soon, What Does Holland Do to Get Cap Compliant?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Does Holland Get Cap Compliant?

• Trades one or more of Puljujarvi, Foegele and Yamamoto

Votes: 62 50.8%
  • Waives one or more of Puljujarvi, Foegele and Yamamoto

Votes: 30 24.6%
  • Waives more than 1 of Janmark, Ryan & Shore and sends down 2 of Holloway and Niemelainen/Desharnais

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Other, please explain in your post.

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I wouldnt call it yet - tons of first rounders find success on other teams. There is clearly admirable things in Pulju games that I think in the right situation can be used effectively on the right team.
Well yeah I doubt it but it’s possible.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What about Gus Nyquist+ Gavrikov

For Puljujarvi+ ???

Both pending UFAs

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Puljujarvi scratched tonight. Maybe trade incoming?

Hopefully. If he got scratched for any other reason, his value may have taken a hit. Though Seravalli seems to have heard there is legitimate interest in the player and that they won’t have to pay to get rid of him, so who knows?

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
They could be Janmark and Kostin. I'll take those two at $1.95M over Zadina's 0 points for $1.85M.

Targeting guys who were decent four years ago like Zadina is how this organization has failed at addressing depth.
So would I. But you already have those two. I'm talking about immediately replacing a contributing roster player. What I'm saying is that I'll take Zadina over any of the options we currently possess at the additional ~$1m versus the guy you're suggesting we bring in at league minimum. If it's not Shore, or someone currently on the farm, it's going to cost you more assets to acquire.

Kostin was a similar type of gamble targeting an underperforming player with high pedigree 'who was good four years ago'. So was Janmark. Any examples of the failures where we actually took any sort of risk trying to unearth some value from a mismanaged player? Especially ones that played a key role in our failure as an organization?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
So would I. But you already have those two. I'm talking about immediately replacing a contributing roster player. What I'm saying is that I'll take Zadina over any of the options we currently possess at the additional ~$1m versus the guy you're suggesting we bring in at league minimum. If it's not Shore, or someone currently on the farm, it's going to cost you more assets to acquire.

Kostin was a similar type of gamble targeting an underperforming player with high pedigree 'who was good four years ago'. So was Janmark. Any examples of the failures where we actually took any sort of risk trying to unearth some value from a mismanaged player? Especially ones that played a key role in our failure as an organization?

You’d be immediately replacing him with an injured player with 0 points on the season.

If you think that’s a good way to spend $1.85M, I don’t know what to say.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
He also has a high chance of taking up a bunch of cap that could be used on a better player in UFA.

Cap space will always be a big asset especially since Holland makes most of his adds in UFA.
I get what you’re saying but having Zadina at 1.825 doesn’t prevent them from doing what you’re proposing. They could still sign several guys under 1M and bury them if they wanted. Likewise they could bury Zadina and he’d only count 500k or so towards the cap. Still not ideal but possibly worth the gamble of having a young player find his game.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So this is happening and sure is interesting.

I don't what the deal looks like, but I'll take a stab.

To Phi: Puljujarvi, Kulak, Shore, Neimo and 2023 1st

To Edm: Provorov and McEwen (50% retention on McEwen)

Holy shit, imagine JP playing for Torts?

ClearcutCrispBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

*For the record, I don't see Jesse being dealt. As I said in his thread, he's being sat because he's having a tough, tough season. Now that Kane is back, he will be pressboxed.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I get what you’re saying but having Zadina at 1.825 doesn’t prevent them from doing what you’re proposing. They could still sign several guys under 1M and bury them if they wanted. Likewise they could bury Zadina and he’d only count 500k or so towards the cap. Still not ideal but possibly worth the gamble of having a young player find his game.

The main issue with this team right now is a handful of guys trying to find their game while making way more than they should.

Gambling on another that’s also signed for two more years makes no sense.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You’d be immediately replacing him with an injured player with 0 points on the season.

If you think that’s a good way to spend $1.85M, I don’t know what to say.
I could care less about how many points he has this season. He's played the majority of it in Detroit's bottom six. If he was productive, he'd be expensive and probably unavailable.

The general logic behind a reclamation project is targeting a player with pedigree suggesting that they possess some level of skill. $1.85m is easy to bury, it's easy to move in future trades and I don't think that we currently possess eight wingers that would be ahead of him. Especially if Yamamoto is going to be out long-term.

I like extending the lifespan of our assets. Jesse is still one of them.

As for the health, if he's hurt he can stay on the IR. But from what I've read, he's pretty close to returning.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Holy shit, imagine JP playing for Torts?

ClearcutCrispBlowfish-max-1mb.gif

*For the record, I don't see Jesse being dealt. As I said in his thread, he's being sat because he's having a tough, tough season. Now that Kane is back, he will be pressboxed.
Honestly I think torts will like him because he takes great care of his defensive game, he's just brutal offensively this year

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Don’t think the money logistics could ever work for a JP/provorov swap
If you flipped Kulak in the deal as well (which actually makes alot of sense) and then moved Foegele or Ryan, it would work

I guess one never knows. JP might flourish under a hardass like Torts too.
Gets more direction maybe or torts see him better for what he is.

Think Gaudreau and Sutter

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
If you flipped Kulak in the deal as well (which actually makes alot of sense) and then moved Foegele or Ryan, it would work

Gets more direction maybe or torts see him better for what he is.

Think Gaudreau and Sutter
Why would Philly do that though

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Any player signed at the price point you’re talking about is going to be a gamble.
We've got five solid top9 wingers right now(six if you include Yamo). You don't need to gamble on an overpaid reclamation project to find a third line winger.

Especially since we've already got one in Foegele and our own guy worth betting on in Holloway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad