Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Like I said, if he isn't signed by camp. If he is then, I'm wrong concerning the pattern of moves. To be clear, Draisaitl has every right to try another market. He's been a good warrior with bad management.

They chose one year of Skinner and Perry over Broberg and possibly Holloway if they had signed them earlier.

That is disappointing. Fast and young for old and slow.

Who knows though. Maybe they have a plan to address that fact.
They chose to give Leon two top six forwards for the first time in his career is what they chose to do

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
I would hope management to start to game theory a potential Bouchard offer sheet.

The Blues caught lightning in a bottle. It's so rare to get two guys like they did without giving up great compensation. If anyone is thinking about successfully getting Bouchard through an OS, you're looking at getting 4 1st round picks which would scare any team off

North

Jun 25, 2009
Like I said, if he isn't signed by camp. If he is then, I'm wrong concerning the pattern of moves. To be clear, Draisaitl has every right to try another market. He's been a good warrior with bad management.

They chose one year of Skinner and Perry over Broberg and possibly Holloway if they had signed them earlier.

Do you honestly think Drai gives an eff about this when the Oilers went out and actually got him two legit wingers?

He knows we’re actually trying to win a cup. If the two young guys who may or may not have put it together want to get paid then let them go.

You need people who want to be here and Drai very likely understands that.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Agree with @North here

If Leon is dumb enough to think they dropped the ball to keep a couple of overpaid maybes than actual real wingers on his line for some Cup runs, ship him out right now

Reactions: Vagabond and North

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

The chose Skinner and Arvidsson to be his wingers instead of Holloway and, what Perry? But don't let me get in the way of a good theory though

Kwiatkowski18

Jul 13, 2015
Does two 2nds and a 3rd get a deal done out there to get double retention on a dman? Wonder what might be out there.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Excited to see how the bottom of our roster shapes out up front and on the back end.

The fight for minutes on the bottom six and bottom four will be real.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Well Holloways interview he says Broberg approached him about it and doing it.

So I mean Broberg clearly wanted out.

I’m not one to wish ill will upon players, but I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a player to fail as much as I want Bro to. Ya I’m petty. ;)

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

If you ask Drai if he’d prefer to play with Skinner/Arvidson or Holloway, the answer is not going to be Holloway.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Who do we lose to offer sheet next year? Jarventie? Rodrigue? We have shown we have no spine at all and let other teams come and steal from our cupboard as they wish.

If teams want to significantly overpay. Have at it. This management group did proactively trade for players that are a fraction of the cost of these two.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Nurse doesn’t need a babysitter he needs a puck moving defenseman. It’s no longer a matter of does he play better with a puck mover? It’s evident looking at the overall career he plays better with a puck mover. Barrie,Broberg,Bouchard hell even Schultz were the guys paired with Nurse where he has excelled.
I'd argue that is not the case. He excelled when playing a more offensive based deployment with other offensive players. When put in a defensive deployment he has sucked with whomever he has played with.

Edmonton needs to stop using him as a defensive stopper. Puck movers do not help with the puck in the back of the net all the time .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad