Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Oilers are probably going to go into the season with Brown/Emberson/Stetcher on the right side, and it'll probably cost them another division title(aka, home ice advantage).

Just hope they can pull off another Ekholm level move around the deadline.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Oilers are probably going to go into the season with Brown/Emberson/Stetcher on the right side, and it'll probably cost them another division title(aka, home ice advantage).

Just hope they can pull off another Ekholm level move around the deadline.
We added some scoring forwards so winning 6-5 it is

Reactions: Tarus

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
Then who’s that top 4 Dman? Troy Stecher? I don’t see anyone available yet

How the f*** I know, I don't have a crystall ball so I could see what bosses are thinking and who's playing there. I'm just saying that it's not that big difference.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
We added some scoring forwards so winning 6-5 it is
Well, they added some legit finishers, so maybe they won't look so unlucky around the net at 5v5 this year at least.

Team wide system play and commitment to defense under Knoblauch should mask a lot of issues on defense too.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
If people here are convinced our dmen on the right side is Stecher, Emberson and Brown, you obviously have not followed the Oilers this summer. Jackson isn't stupid. Neither is Bowman. They will make something work. Just gotta be patient.
It will be our d till the deadline. Don’t have the cap to improve it

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Just gotta find a team willing to give up one of those players with over 50% retention, which imo won’t happen till closer to the deadline.

Oh most likely.

The only good news is the current group of misfits actually mesh fairly well with Nurse stylistically, unlike Ceci and Vinny.

Meanwhile Kulak's shown he can hold down the 3rd pairing, regardless of who you pair him with. So I'm not concerned about him.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
It will be our d till the deadline. Don’t have the cap to improve it
No necessarily they could sign a Schultz or something like that for league min or close to and put stecher down if we wanted. Debatable if that is an upgrade but Schultz has lots of reps so can be an okay stop gap I would think.

Really need nurse to step the hell up regardless and not be useless

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sounds like neither get matched.
Crazy how defence was a big question mark going into this season and now it’s straight up worse than we finished the season with.
This team is allergic to a good defence lol.
I get not keeping Broberg, but moving Ceci out and not replacing him either?
Season starts tomorrow?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Imagine not going into the season with a single player who can remotely cover for Ceci.
Ceci can’t cover for ceci, so what difference does it make

It doesn’t. But I don’t see them making another move. I think they let the cap sit to accrue till the deadline and hope one of our 6/7 D can be a top 4 d.
Stecher has played top 4 minutes with some good results. I think they’re fine with him or Emerson playing the 16 minutes a game they’ll be required to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad