Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Turned the TV off the second the clock hit zero, and still haven't even watched highlights of the game yet. I'm sure I will one day, but that day is a long ways away, lol.

I don't even need to. The key moments are all seared into my brain unfortunately. The 2 GA's and what caused them. McDavid missing an opportunity in the third in front of the net. The baffling lack of any urgency with the goalie pulled. Etc, etc.

Just the worst.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Bobrovsky was great. I hate that it was against the oilers but it is a factor unique to hockey that I love.

That and not having home ice. Play the game in Edmonton on good ice and the odds tip more to the oilers.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Seeing the clips of the team after the SCG7 lost was tough. But like Hyman said, I have full faith and belief that the team will contend for the cup again next season. The loss hurts a f*** ton, but the team will be even more hungrier to win it.

Off topic note: Got engaged today, fellas. My partner said yes. Hope the summer has been going great for all of you. Cheers.
Congratulations bud!!!

Reactions: McAsuno

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Tough to watch. Was the exact same over here when I watched Game 7 with family and friends. You could hear a pin drop when the clock hit 0.
Said it before but in our viewing it was felt the game was over at 2-1 goal. Knowing that goals in game 7's are extremely rare and the loser the majority of X has either zero or one goal in game 7 SC finals. Just felt like that was it.

Reactions: Biltmore and McDrai

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Hopefully this has the boys thinking about home ice the whole way through.
Get home ice and take every game seriously. I won't blame them for slacking off against Florida it was all bobrovsky he made his massive contract in that series. The oilers were the only team this playoffs capable of

But in earlier rounds and years they took some games off.

If the oil went into the playoffs as if they had 16 elimination games and played like that we would win a cup or two in the next couple years. The team tends to allow themselves to be defeated on past years and prior rounds.

Reactions: Sanchez

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Turned the TV off the second the clock hit zero, and still haven't even watched highlights of the game yet. I'm sure I will one day, but that day is a long ways away, lol.
Same. Can't do it. Hurts too badly. The pain. I'm almost in tears thinking about it again. It will haunt me forever. It's unbearable. Sigh.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Yup, tv went off at the end of the 3rd and i went into offseason mode. It doesn’t hurt though, i just did other things. I’m excited for the upcoming season though

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Thomas 'Dunce' Drance thinks that Vinny D will play on the top pairing in Vancouver, and I think he's taken more seriously than Yaremchuk, so there is that
Wild that these idiots get a job in media, start to smell their own farts and begin to think they are actually "experts". That because they have a platform they actually know what the f*** they are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad