Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drai Fi

Sep 17, 2019

We’ll be back boys. Hyms speaking up shows what a great leader and teammate he is. It’s the speech nobody wants to have to make, but it’s the one they need to hear, even if it doesn’t change anything or how much it stings. I believe him when he says this team will make it back. I know the team does too

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I was going do that, sorry guys. But I think it will just make the boys hungrier next year. In hindsight I could have done without the video, but it was gonna get posted at some point. Might as well rip the bandaid off.
As hard as it is to watch that it really hammers home just how much they care.
Its also puts things into perspective.
It was a tough experience as a fan watching the boys lose the SC..
As tough as that was for us it doesnt even compare to what they experienced. Their experience was on another level entirely and the value in that is that it provides serious motivation not to have that experience again.
Thats why the intensity of what we saw in that video is so important.
It builds resilience.
This team will be back in a big way.

Last edited:

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Seeing the clips of the team after the SCG7 lost was tough. But like Hyman said, I have full faith and belief that the team will contend for the cup again next season. The loss hurts a f*** ton, but the team will be even more hungrier to win it.

Off topic note: Got engaged today, fellas. My partner said yes. Hope the summer has been going great for all of you. Cheers.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Seeing the clips of the team after the SCG7 lost was tough. But like Hyman said, I have full faith and belief that the team will contend for the cup again next season. The loss hurts a f*** ton, but the team will be even more hungrier to win it.

Off topic note: Got engaged today, fellas. My partner said yes. Hope the summer has been going great for all of you. Cheers.
Congratulations!!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Some wise words for you from a 35 year old married veteran, “It’s better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission”, and remember these 2 rules for a long marriage, Rule 1 - She is always right and Rule 2 - if in doubt remember rule number 1.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Congrats ! Marriage is great. Got a teammate for life.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Congrats!

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Every player really can bring value to a playoff team, but it comes down to contract.

The guy will probably have some success as an individual in Buffalo whether it ends up being as a 3C, 3LW or even 2LW. I just don't know that he's a guy that pushes the needle that much for Buffalo as a team. Even if he does push the needle for him it's not going to be massive and when it comes time for them to want to take the next level I believe they'll be looking to move on from him as well. Unless of course they can get him for cheap in a smaller role
I don't know...

Watching the drop going into the season and seeing him during the golf tournament he really rubbed me the wrong way and came across as a guy who was too big for his britches and thought he was bigger and better than he really his. He is a good player, but he isn't one of the top players on the team. Im happy we traded him and I don't think we will miss him this season.

If we traded before the start of the last season I do wonder if our depth could have survived though. This was perfecting timing to trade him. Great move by Jackson. Hes a role player and he played his role for the oilers, and we moved passed him. I wish him luck in Buffalo but im happy hes gone because it means we are better.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

We’ll be back boys. Hyms speaking up shows what a great leader and teammate he is. It’s the speech nobody wants to have to make, but it’s the one they need to hear, even if it doesn’t change anything or how much it stings. I believe him when he says this team will make it back. I know the team does too

That speech could have been a factor why almost all the UFA's came back at a discount.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
That speech could have been a factor why almost all the UFA's came back at a discount.

I want to see the speech Austin Matthews gave his team.

“We were this close guys. This close to the second round. If it weren’t for my trying my hardest to score 70 goals in the meaningless regular season we might have done it. Welp. There’s always next year. Anyway I gotta jet boys, Gucci is having a killer bag sale and my personal photographer is waiting outside with my social media content manager- we gotta make some killer posts on the gram so we’ll see ya in September!”

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Yeah, call me a bad fan but I could’ve gone my whole life without seeing that
This for the Win. Should've come with a warning tag. Never want to see that again.

Just another comment but what kind of ghoul needs to be in the room filming that shit? I don't want to see it and it should be a private time, not for all to view and for some to rubberneck the worst moment for players. Really? Somebody filming that. Would've smashed the camera or phone.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Like I said before, you should lose one before you win one so you know what that gross, hollow feeling is like inside-and never want to feel that again. If that doesn’t light an A-bomb under their asses for this season, I don’t know what will.

One thing I noticed is I didn’t see the coaching staff in there. That was a solid move, let the guys process that loss as a team first. Give them some time alone as a team to shed emotions and talk amongst themselves.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I want to see the speech Austin Matthews gave his team.

“We were this close guys. This close to the second round. If it weren’t for my trying my hardest to score 70 goals in the meaningless regular season we might have done it. Welp. There’s always next year. Anyway I gotta jet boys, Gucci is having a killer bag sale and my personal photographer is waiting outside with my social media content manager- we gotta make some killer posts on the gram so we’ll see ya in September!”
They also have Chris Tanev for 6 years now to get them over that first round hump :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad