Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Kane might be waiting until the season starts to do his surgery and giving the Oilers the LTIR window. Maybe both parties talked about it. He gets to hang out and spend time with his family until the playoffs
There seems to be a lot of hopium amongst fans for LTIR'ing kane, even if by some chance it happens its only a benefit if hes out the entire year, which is unlikely at best. Pretty sure the team is planning on accommodating his cap hit.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Kane might be waiting until the season starts to do his surgery and giving the Oilers the LTIR window. Maybe both parties talked about it. He gets to hang out and spend time with his family until the playoffs
Players often try avoid surgery as well. So it might also be trying to see what a couple months off does for a healing process.

I found this odd tidbit on puckpedia about Kane. Isn't this like a week before the trade deadline? Never realized clause could change mid-season like this.

No Move through Feb 28, 2025, then 16 team Approved Trade List

Reactions: Faelko and Canovin

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
He's going to have to, no? We're over the cap still.

Just make sure he doesn't trade with CBJ

I wonder if JJ has to veto any of SB's decisions

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
There seems to be a lot of hopium amongst fans for LTIR'ing kane, even if by some chance it happens it’s only a benefit if hes out the entire year, which is unlikely at best. Pretty sure the team is planning on accommodating his cap hit.
It’s not really “hopium” or “by chance.” He couldn’t even skate by the end of last season and literally has a sports hernia. The hernia will require surgery guaranteed.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Players often try avoid surgery as well. So it might also be trying to see what a couple months off does for a healing process.

I found this odd tidbit on puckpedia about Kane. Isn't this like a week before the trade deadline? Never realized clause could change mid-season like this.

No Move through Feb 28, 2025, then 16 team Approved Trade List
Oilers were 2 goals away from a championships, no one is going to waive that NMC/M-NTC. Ceci is likely the one getting moved if Kane is playing

Reactions: nally

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
If we don't LTIR Kane, and we signed Holloway and Broberg 1M each, someone still has to go.
It depends on what Holloway and Broberg get. They could go with a 20 man roster. It is also possible that Kane starts on LTIR which would give the Oilers some leeway to see how Borberg plays before making a move. But if you sign him to a big money deal that has to happen right away.

Reactions: nally and Canovin

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Oilers were 2 goals away from a championships, no one is going to waive that NMC/M-NTC. Ceci is likely the one getting moved if Kane is playing
No, but if it just becomes a NTC there are options to trade him. And if he gives us a list of all bogus teams then you can use the threat of waivers.

Although I personally rather just keep the guy

Reactions: Duke74 and Canovin

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It’s not really “hopium” or “by chance.” He couldn’t even skate by the end of last season and literally has a sports hernia. The hernia will require surgery guaranteed.
Yep, I don’t know of many self-healing hernias of any kind. Once them things break through the muscular wall or an organ wall, like intestines, it’s knifey-knife time.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
There seems to be a lot of hopium amongst fans for LTIR'ing kane, even if by some chance it happens its only a benefit if hes out the entire year, which is unlikely at best. Pretty sure the team is planning on accommodating his cap hit.
I think it’s more so just putting the pieces together of Kane not being able to finish the playoffs and then Jackson’s comments at free agency.

They don’t need him to be out all year, they just need to buy enough time to evaluate guys on the blue line and determine if they can move Ceci to create space and also to let the market develop on possible upgrades. Worse case there’s likely a path for them to bring Kane back when healthy but it likely means running a 20 man roster and using emergency call ups which obviously isn’t ideal but it could be an option.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I think it’s more so just putting the pieces together of Kane not being able to finish the playoffs and then Jackson’s comments at free agency.

They don’t need him to be out all year, they just need to buy enough time to evaluate guys on the blue line and determine if they can move Ceci to create space and also to let the market develop on possible upgrades. Worse case there’s likely a path for them to bring Kane back when healthy but it likely means running a 20 man roster and using emergency call ups which obviously isn’t ideal but it could be an option.
The 20 man roster wears down the team too much

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
The 20 man roster wears down the team too much
I understand and as I mentioned it’s not ideal and not a permanent solution but it could be a temporary option.

The main thing is buying time to evaluate and make a decision on Ceci. By the time Kane comes back maybe you feel more comfortable trading Ceci without an immediate upgrade or it’s a possibility someone else gets injured and can be placed on ltir to facilitate enough room to bring Kane back. They’re currently 300k over with a 23 man roster and they’ll likely need about 2M-2.5M to get RFA’s signed but they’ll gain about 2M sending guys down to make roster space for the rfa’s so in reality with both Kane and Ceci and running a 21-22 man roster they’re going to need to find about a million bucks.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

The hopium part is that he'll be on LTIR for the entire season.

That's the unlikely part and makes the LTIR just move the deadline for moves back a few months.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Yep, I don’t know of many self-healing hernias of any kind. Once them things break through the muscular wall or an organ wall, like intestines, it’s knifey-knife time.
A sports hernia isn't an actual hernia though, it's just a confusing name for a soft tissue injury in the groin. Could be severe could be minor. Considering how bad things were at the end and for how long he's had issues with it you'd think it would need some sort of intervention.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
I would say watch this week and then see one more transaction happening
Jeff still knows what he is doing
i think JJ had something cooking and is going to let bowman put his name on it to get him some good will in the city, my guess is ceci out and a better RHD coming in

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What's the deal with Gagner?

I haven't seen a retirement yet, but I can't see anyone really signing him.

Would've thought maybe some sort of development job.

Then again he's probably busy being a daddy as his wife seems largely involved in the McDavid wedding lol.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What's the deal with Gagner?

I haven't seen a retirement yet, but I can't see anyone really signing him.

Would've thought maybe some sort of development job.

Then again he's probably busy being a daddy as his wife seems largely involved in the McDavid wedding lol.

Wouldn’t mind signing him to a 2 way deal or at least a PTO. Would provide some good leadership on the farm

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Wouldn’t mind signing him to a 2 way deal or at least a PTO. Would provide some good leadership on the farm
I have to think at this point it's PTO if anything. I don't know that he'd be willing to go to Bakersfield again.

With his lack of usage in the playoffs I honestly don't see him getting all that much time on the big club this year.

I know the guys up on the big club like him. Their wives might even be a tighter knit group than then the players, so just find some sort of development role for the guy.

Heck even with the Oil Kings would allow him to stick around.

Reactions: McDrai

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
A sports hernia isn't an actual hernia though, it's just a confusing name for a soft tissue injury in the groin. Could be severe could be minor. Considering how bad things were at the end and for how long he's had issues with it you'd think it would need some sort of intervention.
Interesting. Sounds like it still requires surgery though.

1721943792067.jpeg

Reactions: joestevens29

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
If he agrees to LTIR I'll buy a case.

It's not only up to the doctors. The NHL's talking heads made that abundantly clear last season when 100% of the mainstream media was reporting "everyone should compete like Vegas it's good for the game."
A sports hernia is a more serious injury than a lacerated spleen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad