Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
How has Dermott looked so far?

Stechers legs look pretty decent to me. He seems to like to rush/carry the puck.
Not sure if thats a fit with Nurse though because he also likes to carry the puck.

Regarding Stechers scrappiness...I didnt realize that was part of his game.
Good to know.
I havent seen enough of this preseason to know how good he looks overall.
Imo a good skating puck handler is exactly what Nurse needs. Logic says he needs a stay at home D first type but for whatever reason experience says not. Imo Ceci was fine. He just didnt mesh.

Nurse looked best with Stecher or Broberg or Kulak imo, although Broberg and Kulak suffered too much on the right side and of course Stecher got injured.

Reactions: guymez

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Again, Boston is wrong. If you don't want to pay him, trade him, don't try to embarrass him like some kind of entitled dickhead.

Eh, idk, tbh I kind of think any goaltender in Boston will look good.

When is the last time their goaltender wasn't in the Vezina conversation? Do you think they just are that good at developing and scouting goaltenders? Or do you think they as a franchise maybe create great situations for their goaltenders?

Keeping in mind this is the team that almost had Raycroft win the Vezina as a rookie, who then proceeded to rival Dan Cloutier in Toronto the next year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd feel a lot more comfortable heading into the season if we could flip Kulak + a pick for Will Borgen.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Borgen
Gleason - Emberson

IMO Borgen gives us some of the edge we wanted with J. Brown, but he can actually play and I see him as a good compliment to Nurse's style. Gleason's isn't as capable a defender as Kulak nor as polished, but he seems to have that knack for getting the puck moving in the right direction quickly and with some polishing I think he can contribute to positive possession differentials from the 3rd pairing and I also put a premium on puck movement for our team given the make-up of our roster.

Not calling it the perfect D to win us a Cup, but I think a better template to work off of.
No to trading Kulak.

I'd rather wait to accrue cap space to bring in a guy like Borgen and trade picks/prospects for him rather than be forced to send salary out by trading a good player/playoff performer/guy who wants to be here for a modest upgrade and leave a hole on the other side.
Maybe you make that trade if Broberg was still here but, then again, if Broberg was still here the Oilers would be in cap hell.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This is actually a fundamental misunderstanding of the current Bruins, from all accounts they're middle of the road and benefit heavily from elite goaltending.

But, again, the Bruins are wrong.

Is it?

I'll reiterate - When is the last time you saw a Boston goaltender not be elite?

Now when is the last time you saw a Boston goaltender have success in the next market they play in that's not Boston?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad