Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
One thing that shouldn't be discounted is that in the McDavid era every single time we had a "glue" player that was more or less a dressing room mascot, the team has gone backwards after losing said player.

It makes no sense, and I still am not sure the validity of it, but the results are results. Hendricks and Gagner (the first go around) were cited as reasons the team was flat the next year. Maybe the calculus was that they didn't want that to happen again with the possibility of both Perry and Gagner moving on.

Ridiculous if true, but a possibility.

Yeah, you might be right.

Maybe controversial opinion but as great as McDavid is and he can sure as hell lead by example, I do wonder how well he actually brings or pulls the team together. Impossible for us to know when we sit behind a computer or phone. But feels like this team never gels until after January.

Reactions: K1984

powerserge

Oct 12, 2022
It feels like we are picking between Philp and Lavoie as an extra forward. I'd think the smarter pick is Philp as an right shot center who seems to be good at faceoffs. The bottom six is about versatility

But there is something appealing about having Lavoie, especially with him as a natural fill-in player for Perry as RWs. Lavoie replaces the size and shooting ability and I just love the idea of Perry mentoring Lavoie.
As of now Perry will be mentoring Pod. We all can understand why he was brought back, think he was injured in the playoffs, can give a little more and gets under the other teams skin. With Kane out, who else can provide this? J Brown if he plays, Nurse if he can back to playing his game without taking dumb penalties. No one else on our team to play the role of villain.

If Perry doesn't do much else aside from rattling the other team then that's a plus. Still he is too old and really is a part time player. If we give up Lavoie for nothing, won't be too happy. Both Philp and Lavoie have looked better than Pod. Pod, if he gets his confidence back can be a really good player... really want him to outperform Holloway. Please don't be Virtanen or Perlini 2.0, please.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad