Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
One could almost say the same thing! :sarcasm:
I see you

troll j.png

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
To no one's surprise, the Dermott/Brown/Stecher experiment hasn't resulted in the team finding a top four defenseman, and Emberson is a bit further away from that role than I'd been hoping for in the couple of games we've seen him against NHL competition.

We need someone in that spot stat, and if it's not going to a vet FA like Jultz or Shattenkirk (and I'm not sure it should be) then it has to come via trade. Seattle needs cap space to ice a 24-man roster, so maybe we can nab Will Borgen from them?

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
To no one's surprise, the Dermott/Brown/Stecher experiment hasn't resulted in the team finding a top four defenseman, and Emberson is a bit further away from that role than I'd been hoping for in the couple of games we've seen him against NHL competition.

We need someone in that spot stat, and if it's not going to a vet FA like Jultz or Shattenkirk (and I'm not sure it should be) then it has to come via trade. Seattle needs cap space to ice a 24-man roster, so maybe we can nab Will Borgen from them?

None of those players are legit Top 4 defensemen, I don't think that's what we're really evaluating. It's who is going to be the best fit next to Nurse, and who is the most stable option on the bottom pair. Unfortunately with Nurse being out, and the decision thus far to play non-NHL d men behind them, it's bee difficult to actually gauge who is the better fit for what.

With no Nurse, I wonder if it's best to basically run with some iteration of this the rest of pre-season:

Ekholm - XXX
Kulak - XXX
Dermott - XXX

With Stecher, Brown and Emberson rotating through the XXX. Maybe give Bouchard one more game, we don't really need to see more of him. Give Ekholm one of the games off, he unfortunately probably has to play more than he should with Nurse gone.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Imo if they don't just toss Emberson next to Nurse for the season we will just sign Schultz or Shattenkirk. That's a placeholder spot for a future trade. I don't see them using assets for that spot

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'd have to look back, but I always thought teams would try send guys down early as other teams are still making decisions on their own players still
Yeah try to "sneak" guys down who are close, but aren't there yet. I'm just wondering, because the Oilers looking there shouldn't be surprising.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wonder if we start seeing guys hit waivers this week.
I really think it should be happening this week.
I mean the team is pretty much set and they know who is going down already so it may be better to get the players down there while there is a flurry of activity from all the other teams doing the same thing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I really think it should be happening this week.
I mean the team is pretty much set and they know who is going down already so it may be better to get the players down there while there is a flurry of activity from all the other teams doing the same thing.
Who do we really have that is at risk of being grabbed? Lavoie? Feel like he's here for some more meaningful pre-season games at the very least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad