Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Well I’ll agree that it was a mousetrap because both Holloway and Broberg are rats.

Still can’t see how you’d place the blame for this on Oilers management.
Both players made decisions to secure their financial future and with opportunities that align with their age and development. Trust me I hope both crash and burn. But I can understand their decision which overwhelmingly most people would do in their situation.

The Oilers chose to handle their high risk situation differently than Dallas, Boston and other non-elite teams with quality RFA's this summer (they all kept cap space). Unfortunately it didn't work out the way I, you, or most importantly, Oilers management expected.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Holland liked his size so I get it. But that’s why Erne didn’t stick just had size

In hindsight it makes sense why stl did but I’m not overly mad.

Ya hockey tony
Yeah I meant trade or signing lol

Why you laughing?

Rocky thompson who has rocks for brains on ice is a respected coach. It’s a scouting position he ain’t making decisions, just giving him a job
Calm down man damn. It's just surprising. Never expected him as a scout

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Both players made decisions to secure their financial future and with opportunities that align with their age and development. Trust me I hope both crash and burn. But I can understand their decision which overwhelmingly most people would do in their situation.

The Oilers chose to handle their high risk situation differently than Dallas, Boston and other non-elite teams with quality RFA's this summer (they all kept cap space). Unfortunately it didn't work out the way I, you, or most importantly, Oilers management expected.
That’s the other thing.

I don’t agree that the Oilers didn’t have the cap space. Maybe they didn’t before the OS, but they made quick moves afterward that gave them the room to match both OS.

And clearly the Blues thought so as well otherwise they wouldn’t have given up Fischer and a pick to secure the Oilers not matching.

For once, Oilers management made the best out of a crappy situation. They weren’t forced not to match, they decided not to match and made the right decision, gaining assets and cap space in the process.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Does he just do surgery for everything at once? That sounds brutal.. I wish him the best. But he's gonna be out for most of the year.
Yeah, that is an immense amount of trauma to his body that will be happening and there is no way he will be close to game shape this season. I do t think we see him at all this season (including playoffs).

Reactions: McHelpus

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
What the f*** is your problem?
He was probavly replaying to your post that also had the tweet of his injuries amd it didn't show up in his reply

Sounds like broberg got Holloway on board so I give Bromberg as bigger rat
Apparently holloway was with drai amd mcdavid ahen the news came out and things got awkward amd both drai amd mcdavid were pretty upset with him signing the offersheet 🤣🤣

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That’s the other thing.

I don’t agree that the Oilers didn’t have the cap space. Maybe they didn’t before the OS, but they made quick moves afterward that gave them the room to match both OS.

And clearly the Blues thought so as well otherwise they wouldn’t have given up Fischer and a pick to secure the Oilers not matching.

For once, Oilers management made the best out of a crappy situation. They weren’t forced not to match, they decided not to match and made the right decision, gaining assets and cap space in the process.
There's a thread with 243 pages discussing this situation at great length and detail. I responded on this thread to a post that was portraying Holloway as a dupe in this. There were also some comparison's made to Harley's UFA situation that I disagree with.

With respect, this thread needs to be future focused. Have a read of the Offer Sheet thread and if you still want to discuss differing opinions we can chat there or via DM. The Oilers have moved on and we'll see what becomes of 2RD and cap space accumulation.

Reactions: Biltmore

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He was probavly replaying to your post that also had the tweet of his injuries amd it didn't show up in his reply

Apparently holloway was with drai amd mcdavid ahen the news came out and things got awkward amd both drai amd mcdavid were pretty upset with him signing the offersheet 🤣🤣
Holloway wasn’t with them.

Robert Thomas was allegedly with them

That’s the other thing.

In his world we should’ve just kept a bunch of cap space to stop any offer sheet potential instead of making the team better in free agency.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I don't get why people want rid of Kane. We are butter soft up front and that really worries me. I dont see Arvidsson or Skinner or RNH mixing it up when other teams try taking liberties with McDrai. Even our bottom 6 outside of Podkozy and Perry doesn't scare anyone. Kane is a beast when healthy.

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I think something is coming in the next two weeks
Something might since the probability of Kane getting officially LTIR'd is now extremely high. I really really don't want to go into the season with the defensive roster we currently have. Aside from that Bouchard & Ekholm pairing, it's absymal. Emberson might impress but gifting him top 4 minutes would put too much pressure on him.

We need an upgrade. I just can't see who we'd be bringing in that could help us before the season begins. If something wild like a trade for Zub or Carrier happens I'll eat my hat!

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

The Oilers demonstrated an ability to have the cap space so it’s not true that they handled it any differently than other teams have. It’s not a matter of not having the cap space it’s about making the correct decision to not overpay for non contributing players, which brings us to the next point. The players on the teams you suggested, unlike Holloway and Broberg, have actually proved they can play and contribute to a team consistently.

Reactions: Duke74 and McDoused

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Looks like a mug shot lmao
Imagine being an Alberta boy and going from a Cup contending team with arguably the best fans in hockey, the nicest rink and training facilities in hockey, an owner that loves to spend money on the team, with a chance to play on McDrai's wing in a city you're used to then going to a team that might not make the playoffs for a few years in one of the highest crime rate cities in the NHL with a fan base that puts hockey behind the WNBA.

That's the face you make when it's photo day in your new jersey.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Something might since the probability of Kane getting officially LTIR'd is now extremely high. I really really don't want to go into the season with the defensive roster we currently have. Aside from that Bouchard & Ekholm pairing, it's absymal. Emberson might impress but gifting him top 4 minutes would put too much pressure on him.

We need an upgrade. I just can't see who we'd be bringing in that could help us before the season begins. If something wild like a trade for Zub or Carrier happens I'll eat my hat!
Unless Kane’s out the whole year they can’t do this

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Unless Kane’s out the whole year they can’t do this

Pretty sure he is out for the regular season. Single abductor surgery recovery time is 6-9 months, the playoffs is about 7 months away.

He's having both abductor's done + two abdominal tears + two hernias on top of that.

The other plus with this is the Oilers could acquire a player like say Zub or Chychrun without forcing the other team to have to take back salary. It's not a big deal for every team but I know there are teams that are cash strapped and don't want to take back any more than possible.

With Kane on LTIR at the deadline we could simply just acquire a player outright and not have to send salary back.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad