Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
hoffman is a 50% or greater chance of getting hurt, more LTIR cap saving money if we do sign him even if small

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Except zero teams would offer Robertson $2.3 million. So it's really a non issue as the player didn't have an RFA pedigree big mobile d-man as wingman through this process. Even which he's a much more narrow player type than Holloway. The real prize was always Broberg. The opportunity space was a 2 fer situation.
we aren't in a situation where we could pay Broberg 4.6 and hope he was worth it.

to the Blues it doesn't matter if Broberg lives up to the contract.

Broberg won't live up to the contract anyway. Walking was the right move. Broberg doesn't make a difference to us at all over the next 2 years. We be hogtied if we matched Broberg and his contract would be more of an anchor than Nurse, at least Nurse can play.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
There is a benefit at Trade deadline if the player is out for the remainder of the regular season. That's it.
Exactly. As much as a I hate Vegas and Tampa an injured player isn't an advantage unless it happens at the very right moment like a week before the trade deadline and out for the rest of the season.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I didn't have the sense from his interview. Pretty cautious about medical information rightly so that it should be communicated by their medical staff. Think Stan is likely a better poker player than GM Ken Holland. See what they have in camp, assess waiver wire opportunities when it comes up. Had a good answer about Emberson in which I think one of his underrated value-adds will be his deep knowledge and experience with U.S. hockey pipeline (Emberson, Fischer).

How about this then from DNB?

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta

Yet he still scored 24 goals! Okay kudos to my bro Kane. Wow.
And people were begging Holland to trade him because he was a cancer in the room... And he was too old and not good anymore. Or-something.

Kind of irresponsible that he didn't just sit out for a while and heal but a healthy Evander Kane is an absolute beast playing on the wing with McDavid whether you like the guy or not.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I think that's a mash-up of two posts I made in different threads - one about Emberson and one about Kane. The Nugent Bowman post looks like it's a direct quote from Kane about the scope of surgery work he needs. The guy's a warrior so I expect he would not want to miss a whole season (just like he wanted and tried to play through these significant injuries). No teammate, coaching or management would likely want Kane to miss a full season.

He's a unique intimidating power forward with skilled mitts to score 20+ goals each and every season. Am I missing something with your post?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
And people were begging Holland to trade him because he was a cancer in the room... And he was too old and not good anymore. Or-something.

Kind of irresponsible that he didn't just sit out for a while and heal but a healthy Evander Kane is an absolute beast playing on the wing with McDavid whether you like the guy or not.
He obviously loves to play and be around the team. Guy almost had his hand cut off and still came back early. Hopefully he lets himself fully recover and we see him close to top form for the playoffs.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Reading How Leaf Fans feel negatively about the ownership news, I want to say we really are lucky to have Katz.

I heard from someone with ties to the organization last year saying they would be surprised if Connor or Leon left because Katz treats the players like gold. Does so much for them and their families.

Also as an outsider who visits Edmonton most years for games, it's hard not to acknowledge how the ice district has drastically improved the look of downtown and the feel of going to a game.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Man... I feel for Evander. You can tell he's sad and upset that he can't play for a long time now. I would be just like him if I found out I couldn't play. Hopefully he comes back with rage and fire in his eyes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad