Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Dermott on a PTO, Will We See More PTO's? Can We Get Some Toughness Too Please?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Believe it or not, many doctors don't become doctors for the money. My brother-in-law came back to Canada because he wanted to still PRACTICE medicine instead of being in the business of medicine. My best friend turned down prestigious hospitals in the US because he has zero desire to "run" a business. He also hates how US is litigation happy.

I disagree. He was the driving force behind both Ekholm and Hyman (as per Stauff). He pushed the analytics side of things and started to change the team's perspective. He had multiple offers from other teams. He got promoted because of those competing offers. I hate the old boys club as much as anyone here- but he was a good hire
You can do both in the US if so inclined. Best of both worlds for many practitioners.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don’t disagree on Skinner. He sucked all playoffs long. Had a couple good stretches of games but for the most part wasn’t good enough. Cost the team games in every series imo.
Absolutely untrue.

This is Skinner's GA per game in the playoffs....

He had a rough start to the playoffs, was particularly bad early in the Vancouver series, but he was generally good to very good in the Dallas and Florida series, outdueled Oettinger and went toe to toe with Bobrovsky. To say that he sucked all playoffs is inaccurate.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Absolutely untrue.

He had a rough start to the playoffs, was particularly bad early in the Vancouver series, but he was generally good to very good in the Dallas and Florida series, outdueled Oettinger and went toe to toe with Bobrovsky. To say that he sucked all playoffs is inaccurate.

To be honest the only series I thought he sucked in was the Nuck one. The GA's in a few of those Kings games can't be described as anything other than flukey and bizarre, especially in Game 1 which probably should have been a 1GA affair at most. Although if you were to play Devil's advocate it kind of stops being bad luck when it happens repetitively.

The Nucks seem to be kryptonite for Skinner. He played like absolute dog shit against them specifically last season for some reason and I don't think the same can be said about any other opponent.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
To be honest the only series I thought he sucked in was the Nuck one. The GA's in a few of those Kings games can't be described as anything other than flukey and bizarre, especially in Game 1 which probably should have been a 1GA affair at most. Although if you were to play Devil's advocate it kind of stops being bad luck when it happens repetitively.

The Nucks seem to be kryptonite for Skinner. He played like absolute dog shit against them specifically last season for some reason and I don't think the same can be said about any other opponent.
He put it together when it mattered and they don't get to game 7 without him and his play.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Yeah I agree. Even in the Kings series, the Oilers were egregious defensively in a few of those games and Skinner outright stole Game 4 which was the pivotal game in that series.

He had some inconsistencies like every single goalie has nowadays but he came up big in crunch time quite often in the playoffs although the Reinhart goal will haunt him and Oiler fans forever. Still, the Oilers couldn't score worth a shit in the losses in the Panthers series so that was the bigger story.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Absolutely untrue.

Believe what you want. He’s been straight trash two playoffs in a row. .901 isn’t close to good enough. Cost the team multiple games. Garbage back breaking game winner in game 7 too.

A real goalie in net and the Oilers sweep the Kings, beat the Canucks and Stars in 5 and beat Florida in 6 or 7.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He put it together when it mattered and they don't get to game 7 without him and his play.

The Oilers also stepped their game up in a big, big way in Game 6 and 7.

Skinner did his part for sure, but the Oilers dominated Game 6 and the entirety of Game 7 prior to McLeod handing them a goal. We didn't really need him until the dying moments of Game 7, and even then I think we only allowed something like 2 shots against in the last 8 mins.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
The Oilers also stepped their game up in a big, big way in Game 6 and 7.

Skinner did his part for sure, but the Oilers dominated Game 6 and the entirety of Game 7 prior to McLeod handing them a goal. We didn't really need him until the dying moments of Game 7, and even then I think we only allowed something like 2 shots against in the last 8 mins.
Game 7 we didn’t dominate lol we got outshot 35-10.. or am I getting the wrong game?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Believe what you want. He’s been straight trash two playoffs in a row. .901 isn’t close to good enough. Cost the team multiple games. Garbage back breaking game winner in game 7 too.

A real goalie in net and the Oilers sweep the Kings, beat the Canucks and Stars in 5 and beat Florida in 6 or 7.
So you're just going to ignore everything I posted then and believe whatever you want to believe. There's no changing your mind then, I tried.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Game 7 we didn’t dominate lol we got outshot 35-10.. or am I getting the wrong game?

You have the wrong game. Nucks only had 17 shots in that one and probably around 10 of them came in the 5 mins or so after McLeod essentially scored in his own net. They had absolutely nothing going on at all before the freebie, Oilers were in a rocking chair.

Even a faint chorus of “Let’s go Petey” couldn’t get the Nucks going.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Skinner had some good stretches in the playoffs, but it's time now to see his game mature and limit the crap stretches he has.

He has gained a wealth of experience, it's time to translate that to a higher level of consistency where the highs in his game become more of the norm.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
He stole one game the entire playoffs. Maybe 2 if you want to be generous.

The bar for Oiler fans when it comes to goaltending is so hilariously low.

Yeah for sure. The last goalie to steal a game for us in the playoffs? Roloson.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You have the wrong game. Nucks only had 17 shots in that one and probably around 10 of them came in the 5 mins or so after McLeod essentially scored in his own net. They had absolutely nothing going on at all before the freebie, Oilers were in a rocking chair.

Even a faint chorus of “Let’s go Petey” couldn’t get the Nucks going.
This recollection is also wrong.

Canucks had 3 shots in the final 10 minutes of that game. Skinner gave up a goal on 2 of them. After they scored the second time the Oilers thankfully didn’t give up another shot on net. Skinner wouldn’t have stopped a beach ball at that point.

Yeah for sure. The last goalie to steal a game for us in the playoffs? Roloson.
Cam Talbot was twice the goalie Skinner was when he represented us the one time we made the playoffs with him here. Otherwise the options are what… an old shitty Mike Smith and more than a decade of failing to make the playoffs?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
So I texted Brenden Escott on Oilers Now about what Stauffer said on Saturday… and he said hold onto your text, some other stuff and said “he can be pretty cryptic right?”

Just some info maybe I’m reading into too much LOL

Reactions: McDoused

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
So you're just going to ignore everything I posted then and believe whatever you want to believe. There's no changing your mind then, I tried.
I’m sorry, I just disagree with the notion that a goalie who only plays acceptable hockey in half his games is anything other than garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad