Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Different players. Kailer Yamamoto still doesn't have a contract and he's proven a lot more offensively at this level than Robertson has.

Holloway plays a quicker, more physical game and could still carve a role as a third line checker. Robertson is a guy that has to score to keep his job.
Except Kailer had a significant down year.

Neither Holloway or Robertson are fully formed yet but one has at least shown more on the scoresheet.

Holloway may become that but it’s no guarantee.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
This is an idea I could get behind if he’s available. I wonder what Seattle plan is because looks like they’re almost 1.6M over the cap with a 23 man roster and not a lot of clear options for waiving. Unless they have someone starting on ltir they’ll likely be running a 21 man roster or making a trade.

Problem is we’d be putting ourselves in the same position and would likely have to find a 3rd party to take some of his salary but I could see both teams being open to a Brown Borgen swap if Seattle does need to shed salary.

I also agree with your previous point and think Brown will surprise a lot of people in that #6 spot next to Kulak. I don’t think he’s as bad as the analytics crew makes him out to be and I’m betting there will be a lot of changed opinions and he’s going to endear himself to fans.

Plan?

Seattle and Francis have no plan lol

I made a similar comment on the mains. I think that team is going to stuck and mediocrity for a long time. I don’t think Stevenson, Montour, Eberle, Larsson etc deals are going to age that well. None of the players are bad but it screams like no plan to me.

And all 5 of their fans came out to tell me wrong. I don’t think theres a more pathetic fan board on here than Seattle.

Maybe their prospect pool is better than I think it is but I don’t see much special there. I think Berniers is decent and rebounds after a sophomore slump but not sure what his ceiling is. Wright seems like a nothingburger to me. Everything else is a question mark.

Just another team that hasn’t used their cap space effectively. Francis is a dud as a GM. Hakstol was a dud as a coach and they replaced him with Byslma who is about as lame duck as it gets.

I don’t think that team is going anywhere. They are probably lucky there are so many bad teams in the west that they can stay somewhat competitive in their market. But I think its also a negative because they are going to be in the murky middle for a long time imo.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Plan?

Seattle and Francis have no plan lol

I made a similar comment on the mains. I think that team is going to stuck and mediocrity for a long time. I don’t think Stevenson, Montour, Eberle, Larsson etc deals are going to age that well. None of the players are bad but it screams like no plan to me.

And all 5 of their fans came out to tell me wrong. I don’t think theres a more pathetic fan board on here than Seattle.

Maybe their prospect pool is better than I think it is but I don’t see much special there. I think Berniers is decent and rebounds after a sophomore slump but not sure what his ceiling is. Wright seems like a nothingburger to me. Everything else is a question mark.

Just another team that hasn’t used their cap space effectively. Francis is a dud as a GM. Hakstol was a dud as a coach and they replaced him with Byslma who is about as lame duck as it gets.

I don’t think that team is going anywhere. They are probably lucky there are so many bad teams in the west that they can stay somewhat competitive in their market. But I think its also a negative because they are going to be in the murky middle for a long time imo.

Francis sucks. I knew they’d be in trouble after he whiffed hard on the expansion draft

Reactions: McHelpus

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Francis sucks. I knew they’d be in trouble after he whiffed hard on the expansion draft

And after they made the playoffs, their fans (and probably their front office) are acting like last year was a fluke. No actually the fluke was the playoff year. It’s similar to the Flames when they won the pacific because the stars all aligned. Media and fans keep thinking they are due for a bounce back but in reality you overachieved one year and you’re expectations are out of wack.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Different players. Kailer Yamamoto still doesn't have a contract and he's proven a lot more offensively at this level than Robertson has.

Holloway plays a quicker, more physical game and could still carve a role as a third line checker. Robertson is a guy that has to score to keep his job.
I would bring Yamamoto back at league minimum for depth. He's got chemistry with the team and can PK.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder what the return is going to be for him compared to what the Oilers got for Holloway.

Robertson is the same age, almost 1/3 of the cap hit and has doubled Holloway production in same amount of games.
He's smaller than Holloway and doesn't have a playoff like Holloway just had to show right now. I could see him going with Liligren to the Stars for Lundkvist.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
He's smaller than Holloway and doesn't have a playoff like Holloway just had to show right now. I could see him going with Liligren to the Stars for Lundkvist.
Whats more important to winning hockey games size or production?

I think he’ll go for a mid pick or a prospect and later pick, maybe a swap for another player struggling to establish himself.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I wonder what the return is going to be for him compared to what the Oilers got for Holloway.

Robertson is the same age, almost 1/3 of the cap hit and has doubled Holloway production in same amount of games.
Marginal return is my guess... maybe another mid-range prospect or secondary pick. Robertson was boxed in as a RFA with an easily replaced position and available supply glut. Though just takes one team to be a believer and have a roster hole to fill.

Unfortunately for Robertson he didn't have an RFA wingman at a much more valued position, pedigree and tool kit to leverage from.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Whats more important to winning hockey games size or production?

I think he’ll go for a mid pick or a prospect and later pick, maybe a swap for another player struggling to establish himself.
No I wasn't trying to put down Robertson, he seems like he can play, but can't get into the line up in Toronto, so that and size will affect the value even if it shouldn't.

stewy04

Jun 19, 2016
Just looked at 2025 free agency for 4C and RD. There ain't much out there. Would Dvorak from habs be a good 4 c? And Savard is probably the best RD as well which is scary! Habs fans would want so much for those two players lol.
Ceci back at 50 percent to be bottom pair may be 2nd best option.. gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad