Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: "JJ" - Jokinen signed. Any further moves?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
This. This i like. Who woukd you like to target for 3c though?

so you like the idea of getting Jokinen but keeping Puljujarvi in the AHL...
This signing today mean Puljujarvi will get every chance to make the big club this year and even if he goes down to the AHL it wouldnt be for more than a dozen games.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
so you like the idea of getting Jokinen but keeping Puljujarvi in the AHL...
This signing today mean Puljujarvi will get every chance to make the big club this year and even if he goes down to the AHL it wouldnt be for more than a dozen games.

I sincerely hope PJ elevates his game enough to play in the NHL this next season, but I would consider him on the outside looking in at this point. He needs to show he belongs.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Stauffer seemed to linger a little bit on the "acquire a veteran player OR TWO" portion of Chiarelli's quote.

if its the same thing i watched i was under the impression he was talking about two trades...or the groundwork for two trades.....(so no sense that they have to be this offseason) i dont remember him talking much about two free agents and kind of alluded to being content with the current squad.

but there was talk on here that there were two more signings in the works....i think.

I'd assume he's done for now.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I sincerely hope PJ elevates his game enough to play in the NHL this next season, but I would consider him on the outside looking in at this point. He needs to show he belongs.

I doubt elevating his game above Strome and Kassian would be too difficult for him.
With the makeup of our forwards, Puljujarvi and RNH will get easy minutes this year.
Great for both to put their stamp in this league.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
And yet 46 points with solid 5 on 5 production and good advanced stats for likely 1 year.

Slow doesn't matter on that line a whole lot.

Maroon slow
Lucic slow
Draisaitl not so fast
Jokienen slow
Jagr slow
Strome not so fast apparently

Lucic-Drai-Jagr would be the slowest top 6 line in the NHL.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Maroon slow
Lucic slow
Draisaitl not so fast
Jokienen slow
Jagr slow

Better then handing Slepy an over his head role. He should be fine on line 3 and show he can become a 2nd liner before just handing it to him. He needs to produce for a promotion. If he can in short order, great.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
I'd rather try to get Nuge's offensive game going, and rely on him less on the PK/D-zone. Especially if we're going to try to dump him after this season, he needs to put up some offensive production.

Maroon - McDavid - Drai/Nuge
Lucic - Drai/Nuge - Strome
Jokinen - XXXX - Kassian
Caggiula - Letestu - Sleppy

I like this lineup way better than any with Strome at 3c. Not sure who we could target for that 3c spot. Love the prospect of Nuge and Drai being interchangeable at RW and 2c.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Maroon McDavid Strome
Lucic Draisaitl Slepyshev/Jagr
Jokinen RNH Puljujarvi
Cagguila Letestu Kassian
Khaira

my ideal forward lineup

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Maroon-McDavid-RNH
Lucic-Draisaitl-Strome
Jokinen-Hudler-Puljujarvi
Caggiula-Letestu-Kassian
Slepyshev

If Puljujarvi and Slepyshev are relatively close in performance at training camp and preseason then send Puljujarvi down to the AHL

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I like this lineup way better than any with Strome at 3c. Not sure who we could target for that 3c spot. Love the prospect of Nuge and Drai being interchangeable at RW and 2c.

Not likely to be available, but Beagle would be a great add IMO.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Better then handing Slepy an over his head role. He should be fine on line 3 and show he can become a 2nd liner before just handing it to him. He needs to produce for a promotion. If he can in short order, great.

if Slepy is in way over his head then you simple replace him with Puljujarvi or Caggiula.. Even Kassian can do spot duty there. RNH if we are truely desperate.

Slepy doesnt have to be a '2nd liner' to be on the 2nd line. Lucic @ 6M and Drai at 8M should be the drivers and Slepy the complimentary player.

PTO should be the next signing for Chiarelli.. Time to give our homegrown talent a go in these complimentary roles.

Iginla or Doan

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
The "**** it, let's roll 4 lines" lineup:

Maroon-McDavid-Strome (17 minutes)
Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev (15 minutes)
Caggiula-RNH-Jagr (14 minutes)
Jokinen-Letestu-Puljujarvi (14 minutes)

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Maroon slow
Lucic slow
Draisaitl not so fast
Jokienen slow
Jagr slow

The OIlers are not a fast team. After the departure of Hall, McDavid is the only really fast player, which skews the perspective a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad