Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Yes like next year. Rielly is only Dman signed after next year. If they don't win this year, it will be never. Dubas is a younger version of Chiarelli

Toronto Maple Leafs - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
Dubas is a dumber version of Chiarelli. That was obvious the moment he signed Tavares and threw the salary structure of his young, up and coming team out the window. That type of signing made sense for that team when Stamkos was available and before the team starting drafting and developing young elite players. It didn’t make sense anymore last summer. It’s hilarious to watch that team starting to crash and burn because of that decision.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Zucker's wife apparently has a child from another marriage in the state and they refuse to waive their NTC for that reason, so that probably means that option is out.

I don't see Adam Larsson being a long term fit here, so when factoring in whatever Hall's salary could be, you can subtract $4 million from it because Larsson most likely is going the other way.
Zucker is a malcontent. Didn't he just call out his coach last night?

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
He increased by about 4 points last year and this year has done nothing. No reason to sign him this early.

Teams don't run off 5 game sample sizes of this year. They know what they have. His ppg was much improved last year while his defensive play is very good for someone his age

Signing him now would be their best shot of getting him at a discount

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Maybe the reason there has been so much smoke about Hall since he left is that he has quietly expressed interest in returning. IF thats the case, then theres a chance. And lets be honest, If we add Hall to our group other players will take discounts to be a part of the parade (especially if he takes a small haircut for us).
The days of players taking discounts to help build there team are over. The last several summers have proven that starting with Kane and Toews. This generation of players is different than previous. These guys squeeze every dollar they can get now and don’t worry about those coming after them. Maybe you haven’t been paying attention?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Teams don't run off 5 game sample sizes of this year. They know what they have. His ppg was much improved last year while his defensive play is very good for someone his age

That signing is reminiscent of the Nuge contract where his production was very much inflated by Hall being his line mate. I don't see that much growth offensively for a Hischier he definitely isn't what I'd call a dynamic offensive player.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

His point per game wasn't up all that much. He went from .63 to .68

Reactions: North

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006

PPG was much improved?

His rookie year he had .634 and his sophomore year it was .68.

In a season, that's like 2 or 3 points. I'm not sure how that could be considered MUCH improved.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Puljujärvi is worth more than Ho-Sang or Gauthier which is why I assume it hasn't happened yet. If Holland wanted that deal Carolina or NYI easily pull trigger already.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
We didn't take Ho-Sang for free. Holland wants some actual value for JP, not a guy that cleared waivers.
i should have added the + after Ho-Sang, although i do think we overrate JP on these boards.
i also think Holland would want to shed a contract before adding Ho-Sang and NYI probably wouldn't want to add one (they're at 47)

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
Robbie Ho Sang sucks. He would be a liability on our team.
you're probably right. i don't see how he'd fit anyway TBH.
it's hard to see how a deal sending JP to Carolina would work except for Gauthier or picks. Oilers could flip picks for a serviceable player, but i don't think there's a rush to make that kind of trade until you have a player identified.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
i should have added the + after Ho-Sang, although i do think we overrate JP on these boards.
i also think Holland would want to shed a contract before adding Ho-Sang and NYI probably wouldn't want to add one (they're at 47)
It's not really the value we put on him, it's what Holland has put on him.

I don't even know that Holland has interest in Ho-Sang either. Considering NYI want him gone and I think he's not even with the AHL team, one would think we could've had him for some prospect that Holland doesn't really like that is in the AHL.

It does seem quite interesting as a whole that no one has made a move for Ho-Sang. Teams must really be seeing red flags if two vets in Lou and Trotz want nothing to do with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad