Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Blues Open for Business? Parayko Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The Oilers just don't have the fire power or the prospect pool to compete with teams this year and in the future. I personally think they should just tank this year and draft someone like Kirby Dach, move up in the draft and also draft Brett Leason.

Trade Talbot, Sekera and Puljujarvi for Dougie Hamilton.

Lucic+Yamamoto+2020 2nd to LA for Toffoli

Move Spooner, Benning, Kassian to free up space to sign Stone in the offseason.

RNH-McDavid-Toffoli
Dach
-Drai-Stone

Klef-Larsson
Nurse-Hamilton

Easier said then done . You got 2 cap dumps going to teams that are sending you valuable pieces back . You want to trade Lucic you can forget about drafting in the 1st round this year .

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I see Shumakov quietly going back to the KHL.

Terminates contract late August in KHL, just over 3 months later terminates NHL contract

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Sorry no the do not. When the player waives it the team has the option to put it back into effect. If it is was already in a affect

To the folks that think this is true, I'll leave one challenge for you: Name a single player who lost their NTC/NMC after waiving it.

I can name lots of players who waived their NTC/NMC and retained it following a trade. A recent example being Vinny Lecavalier.

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
To the folks that think this is true, I'll leave one challenge for you: Name a single player who lost their NTC/NMC because they waived it.

I can name lots of players who waived and retained. A recent example being Vinny Lecavalier.
Didn't Subban lose his NMC(before it kick in) when he was traded?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Didn't Subban lose his NMC(before it kick in) when he was traded?

Yes Subban lost his, but it was never in effect, so he never had the opportunity to waive it.

If a player is traded before a NTC/NMC goes into effect then it's automatically voided unless the acquiring team files paperwork with the NHL stating they will honor the future clause. I'm not sure any team has ever done this--it might have happened once in the few years after the 2005 CBA went into effect.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
Its kinda like when LA traded Vishnovsky here like 2 days before his kicked in and he was pissed

Reactions: mouser

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
* “feed 2 birds with 1 scone”
-PETA

:laugh:

the whole PEtA things is off the wall crazy. Without getting political--as a left winger--every time PETA does stuff like this it backs up all the bashing aimed at SJW and in this case--it is justified. I know people who are huge supporters of PETA and they just blinked at what they did this time

Reactions: TB12

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
the whole PEtA things is off the wall crazy. Without getting political--as a left winger--every time PETA does stuff like this it backs up all the bashing aimed at SJW and in this case--it is justified. I know people who are huge supporters of PETA and they just blinked at what they did this time

There was a story years ago where they freed a bunch of diseased lab rats because it was cruel to experiment on animals.

You can't make this stuff up folks.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
If Ray Shero called and offered you:

Butcher + Johansson
for
Nurse + Lucic (1m retained) + 2nd

Would you take that deal? I would.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
A little late on this one but did we seriously not have the pieces to grab Sprong? This guy has more skill then anyone on our team right now outside of McD, Drai, RNH and some creativity is exactly what this team needs. If you wanted to take a chance on a guy, Sprong was one of the best options out there. He could blossom into a top 6 forward and would have cost us what a B prospect/pick? I could have seen him being a big time producer with Drai or McDavid.

Frustrating.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
A little late on this one but did we seriously not have the pieces to grab Sprong? This guy has more skill then anyone on our team right now outside of McD, Drai, RNH and some creativity is exactly what this team needs. If you wanted to take a chance on a guy, Sprong was one of the best options out there. He could blossom into a top 6 forward and would have cost us what a B prospect/pick? I could have seen him being a big time producer with Drai or McDavid.

Frustrating.

Pettersson is a pretty good young NHL defenseman.

The Oilers don't have many of those to spare.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Frustrating.
Yes we did. But Zykov was free. And his game is also better suited for what we were looking for in a support player--someone who scores his goals in the paint. There are only so many roster spots to go around.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Some Yotes fan suggested Panik for Spooner on the main boards.. I would take that and run

Reactions: McDaddy

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Some Yotes fan suggested Panik for Spooner on the main boards.. I would take that and run
Me too, Spooner isn't far removed from being buy-out fodder, not only do we get the better player, but also the shorter term contract for more flexibility in the off-season. Kind of like the reverse of the Boyd Gordon for Korpikoski deal, where we got the worse player and stretched a one year cap commitment to 2 years and subsequently 3 years when we ended up buying Korpikoski's final year out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad