Rumor Mill

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Seems pretty obviously bunk. Marner only has one year left on his contract while Jones is locked down until the heat death of the universe. I don’t see the Leafs leveraging their already difficult cap situation into an even longer term difficult cap situation, and it’s not like the Hawks have a lot to give to balance this out.

I could see the Leafs trying to swing for a cap dump to move Marner for his final year to us, though, assuming Marner waived his nmc.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Would be happy to have Marner, even for just a year, especially if it got us out of the Seth Jones contract. Marner is so much better than anyone on our team not named CB, it’s night and day. Would be wonderful to get him a real linemate.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Would be happy to have Marner, even for just a year, especially if it got us out of the Seth Jones contract. Marner is so much better than anyone on our team not named CB, it’s night and day. Would be wonderful to get him a real linemate.
It’s a no brainer at least to me

Reactions: hawksrule

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Six wingers under contract atm and that includes Zach Benson.
Savoie, Kulich, Rosen and a few others down in the minors not far off.
And down the middle Thompson & Cozens then Krebs — Marner and Tuch would be deadly around TT.

I would dump Jones and take Skinner in a 3 way trade also.
True. But we are talking about Sabres here. They had Dahlin, Powers and Samuelsson as left handed dman and they added Byram to mix.
This will be the Blackhawks (sans Rinzel) if we don’t figure out the right side

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Well imo , he's too old to fit in our timeline for winning . He has no idea how to play when the going gets tough and he is so overpaid it isnt funny . We just have to be patient and draft Demidov. At the end of 2025 / 2026 the time will be right to start. I wouldnt mind adding a few good free agents this year though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad