Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
wicked-villan-darth-vader-noooo-shouting-x8zaqkytb2n4q5m0.gif

Please Hockey Gods.... please no.

Reactions: Devilsfan118

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
I'm an Oilers fan and this guy get's way too much hate, I don't get it

He made some bad moves in Edmonton yeah but people act like he's the anti christ or something

Reactions: SK13

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
One day I'll find the energy to write a whole treatise about how Ken Holland was Edmonton's second best GM *ever*, that he was more good than bad by a ratio of like 5:1, and that ignorant criticism he gets (particularly from out of market) is way off the mark.

But today is not that day.

Bostonzamboni

Jan 26, 2019
If it's as an advisor, is that higher, or lower in status, than an assistant GM?

I never even heard of an advisor in the NHL until just the past decade or so.

Do advisors wish to be a GM, or content being hands off?

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He got Edmonton to the SCF. Some great moves like Hyman, some good depth moves, and for sure some questionable ones.
But I don’t get the extreme hate for him.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I feel like I missed the "Oilers fire GM after making game 7 of finals this year" news.

What gives? Did he get fires? Contract not renewed? Is he just choosing to leave?

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm an Oilers fan and this guy get's way too much hate, I don't get it

He made some bad moves in Edmonton yeah but people act like he's the anti christ or something
Yeah, he made some good moves too. The Ekholm deal made us a legitimate contender. It's really just the Nurse and Campbell contracts that are the big hold up. And the bonuses on the Brown/Perry deals could be problematic.

I feel like I missed the "Oilers fire GM after making game 7 of finals this year" news.

What gives? Did he get fires? Contract not renewed? Is he just choosing to leave?
His contract is up. The Oilers apparently offered him a different role in the organization, but he didn't want whatever they had come up with - probably a "see we didn't fire him" type position.

Reactions: bobholly39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad